Awards, Ballon d'Or etc.

Firstly Hi everyone.

I basically set up an account here to ask this question, so if anyone can advise it'd be greatly appreciated.

In the game the 2 main individual player awards are the Golden Ball, and the World player of the Year. i thought this might of been sorted in the latest patch.

I take it the Golden Ball is the Ballon d'Or, and the World Player of the Year is the World Player of the Year. Now to my understanding the FIFA World Player of the Year is now the FIFA Ballon d'Or, so there is only one award. So me being a FM addict, trying to have things perfect, went into the editor and deleted the World Player of the Year award, and renamed the Golden Ball ''Ballon d'Or''. Question is, am i right? I'd like to know so i can have things set up propperly.

Any ideas lads?

Any replies much appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

PS. Keep up the good work, great forum.

I think the one where international managers get to vote is the world player of the year? I don't know how the original golden ball gets awarded in the game. But seems to me like the World Player of the Year is what the FIFA Ballon d'Or is supposed to be?

As far as i know the FIFA World Player of the Year is no more. It is now the FIFA Ballon d'Or, and this is the only individual international award, this year Messi won it, Xavi and Iniesta were also nominated. It is the World Player of the Year , with a fancy name. There would be a Golden Ball but that would be for top scorers at the end of the season. The Ballon d'Or is a yearly award (calender year). Awarded in January.

The World Golden Ball in the game does not take into account just goals, it is for the most expensive players with the highest average rating, i also checked the past winners.

the Ballon d'or is formerly the european player of the year with winners such as cruijff and van basten, i'm not sure who's won it recently but i remember shevchenko pipping henry to the award in 2006 i believe, it used to only be for europeans til ronaldo won it in 96 or 97 i think, now that its merged i think it should be the golden ball that is overwritten not the world player of the year

here's another question on the same topic

the team of the year i'm guessing is the non licensed equivalent to the UEFA team of the year like with the keeper, defender, midfielder and striker awards (won by julio cesar, maicon, sneijder and milito respectively this year) but in my arsenal game a brazilian regen playing for santos got into the team (this is a first for me seeing a player outside of europe getting in)

is this right? is the award actually a world award in-game then

the Ballon d'or is formerly the european player of the year with winners such as cruijff and van basten, i'm not sure who's won it recently but i remember shevchenko pipping henry to the award in 2006 i believe, it used to only be for europeans til ronaldo won it in 96 or 97 i think, now that its merged i think it should be the golden ball that is overwritten not the world player of the year

here's another question on the same topic

the team of the year i'm guessing is the non licensed equivalent to the UEFA team of the year like with the keeper, defender, midfielder and striker awards (won by julio cesar, maicon, sneijder and milito respectively this year) but in my arsenal game a brazilian regen playing for santos got into the team (this is a first for me seeing a player outside of europe getting in)

is this right? is the award actually a world award in-game then

The awards rewarded to julio cesar, maicon, sneijder and milito weren't team awards they were individual awards for there position, UEFA European Keeper, Defender, Midfielder and Forward of the year awards. I would also agree with the OP.

I've renamed the Golden Ball to Ballon d'or when the game 1st come out but left the world player award myself thinking that shouldn't be in game. I'm going to look into this and if this is the case will do the same as the OP and delete the world player award.

Bumping this to see if anyone else knows for sure? have i done correctly?

what are the correct name for the other awards., ie euro gk, df, mf, st of the year.??

also why is the euro gk of the year the only one with past winners?

Ive never seen that before, Did he play in europe at any point that season?

On my post do you think i was right to delete the World Player of the Year, and rename the Golden Ball ''Ballon d'Or''?

yeah the ballon d'or should replace the golden ball

i know the awards were individual awards but i was stating that instead of that is there a european team of the year instead thats why i was wondering how a brazilian was in the team

IRL theres now only Ballon d'or and not world player of the year,chosen by national team managers, captain and journalists, awarded in january together with a world XI, at the end of each season theres a best player in keeper, defenders, midfielders and attacker in the champions league (won by Milito, Sneijder, Maicon and Julio Cesar).

Archived