This game is great

Hello Everyone

While i am new to this forum i am not new to Football Manager, i am very addicted to the game and when i heard it was coming out on psp i couldn't wait, i did get it and i haven't been able to put it down since.

My team is Newcastle United and i am in the 2008/2009 season and i have won five competitions, 2 FA Cups, 2 Champions League and 1 Super Cup.

After winning the Champions League for the second time i unlocked the sugar daddy while has enabled me to put together a world class squad of superstars. I generally find that if you bid around £5-6 million more than a players value, his club will always accept. I have used this method to sign many players.

My full squad is:

Goal: - Shay Given, Tim Krul

DEF: - Gabriel Alejandro Milito, Jonathan Woodgate, Anderson, Leighton Baines, Peter Ramage, Paul Huntington, Vincent Kompany, Steven Taylor, Matt Upson

MID: - Scott Parker, Emre, Charles N'Zogbia, Martin Brittain, Joaquin, Kevin Nolan, Joe Cole, John Paul Kissock, Albert Luque

FOR:- Wayne Rooney, Javier Saviola, Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer, Diego, Michael Owen, Rivaldo (Currently loaned out).

I play with the standard 4-4-2 diamond tactic, i haven't changed it at all but it seems to work well and whoever i play in the AMC role always gets goals, in my second season i played Emre in that position in almost every match andhe ended the season as top scorer with 25 goals. I find this formation works against all formations except the 4-5-1.

I have tried the tactics that were posted on this board during my first season but none of them worked, i could never win.

I think this game is a lot easier then the PC version.

If i could suggest something for the next version it would be to be able to have more than one player, then i can play against my mates who don't have or cannot afford a psp.

Hello Everyone

While i am new to this forum i am not new to Football Manager, i am very addicted to the game and when i heard it was coming out on psp i couldn't wait, i did get it and i haven't been able to put it down since.

My team is Newcastle United and i am in the 2008/2009 season and i have won five competitions, 2 FA Cups, 2 Champions League and 1 Super Cup.

After winning the Champions League for the second time i unlocked the sugar daddy while has enabled me to put together a world class squad of superstars. I generally find that if you bid around £5-6 million more than a players value, his club will always accept. I have used this method to sign many players.

My full squad is:

Goal: - Shay Given, Tim Krul

DEF: - Gabriel Alejandro Milito, Jonathan Woodgate, Anderson, Leighton Baines, Peter Ramage, Paul Huntington, Vincent Kompany, Steven Taylor, Matt Upson

MID: - Scott Parker, Emre, Charles N'Zogbia, Martin Brittain, Joaquin, Kevin Nolan, Joe Cole, John Paul Kissock, Albert Luque

FOR:- Wayne Rooney, Javier Saviola, Thierry Henry, Alan Shearer, Diego, Michael Owen, Rivaldo (Currently loaned out).

I play with the standard 4-4-2 diamond tactic, i haven't changed it at all but it seems to work well and whoever i play in the AMC role always gets goals, in my second season i played Emre in that position in almost every match andhe ended the season as top scorer with 25 goals. I find this formation works against all formations except the 4-5-1.

I have tried the tactics that were posted on this board during my first season but none of them worked, i could never win.

I think this game is a lot easier then the PC version.

If i could suggest something for the next version it would be to be able to have more than one player, then i can play against my mates who don't have or cannot afford a psp.

• SI Staff

I'm glad you're enjoying the game ...

PS> We'll be announcing features for the next version later in the year - at the moment we're assessing all the feedback we're recieving on the current game and bearing this in mind when deciding how to evolve the game in the future ..

It really is fantastic to be able to have a quick fix of FM whilst on the way to work and also during my lunch etc. I've also found it to be quite a nostalia trip too, it reminds me more of the old CM3 games than the current FM series which is a good thing, nice and simple gameplay yet fully engrossing and addictive as the pc version! WOW.

A little dissapointed not to be able to create custom formations and set player runs and penalty taker but that is something that can be added to next release.

I have got both management games for the psp, FM handheld and the "other one" and this is by far the best.

Well done SI! icon14.gif

Archived