Still can't find a solution!

I've come on here quite a few times now, and I still havn't found a solution to my problem.

Basically, the only way FM11 runs smoothly is if I play the very first version of it (ie without the patches). As soon as I try and download the patches the match engine (commentary only) becomes slow and juddery as does the user interface. I've had people recommend me update my graphics card driver, which i can't seem to. Anyway why would the original version work perfectly, it's just the patches that seem to balls it up!

I've got all the javas and direct X's downloaded, so no problems there. I REALLY want to solve this, or ill forever be playing the bug ridden 11.0 version! Does anyone have any other advice or explainations as to why this has happened? I want to enjoy the game to it's fullest, sadly I'm nowhere near that at the moment!

Small graphical improvements in the patches can mean that a card that will perform adequately in the original version will struggle in the patched versions. You haven't given any details of your card but if your computer is a laptop, try the manufacturers website for updates as well as the card makers website. Almost certain that updating the driver will help.

Ok, cool. I've got a Packard Bell EasyNote TM86, with A Graphics Media Accelarator HD (I think it's integrated). So it's just the driver that probably needs updated? Not a new card all together?

I've got to the point on the Packard Bell website where it lets you choose different 'driver' downloads, I just don't know if any of them are compatible! http://www.packardbell.co.uk/pb/en/GB/content/download

You put in notebook, easynote, en tm86 and then which one would I need? :S

I think judging from the above the Media Accelerator is an Intel product.

The easiest way to update drivers for intel is to follow the below link:

http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support?iid=hdr-UK+support

Near the top left of the page there wll be an 'automatically check for driver updates' link, click on this and allow the download of a tool that will check your system automatically for any intel products that have outdated drivers.

Any that are found for the Media Accelerator download and see if this helps.

Archived