scouting, regen, catch up logic

Just been playing my Werder save and got a few scout reports in and ive been thinkin:

scouting is linked somewhat to the club/league rep which i think we take as a given.

but ive noticed a lot of thread of people not being able to find good regens via scouting, i found this weird considering the amount my scouts were turning up the first few seasons.

im now in 2015/2016 with werder and i have seen a regen (from scouting) that i really fancied for a while, last season i only really found one who i bought.

considering the amount i got reports on in previous seasons, im wondering if some sort of catch up logic(often seen in cruddy acarade racers aka nfs games etc) is employed via the rep system, ie if your a big club(rep) your scouts arent going to recognise some of the better players that regen than if you were a slightly smaller club

only thinking this as im now ranked 2nd in europe and it seems each year my scouts uncover less and less good young players, possibly due to the club stature growing

thoughts?

The star ratings are based on your team's reputation and your current players.

As your team becomes bigger, and your existing team better, you will find less "high potential" players. That's because what would have been a 5 star a few years ago is now only a 3 star.

For instance, start as Aston Villa. A 175 PA player will probably be around 5 stars potential. That's because they have the potential to be the best player at the club... In fact, to be a player too good for the club. Start at Barcelona and that same player is 3 star. He can become a first team player, but won't stand head and shoulders above the crowd.

edit: It's not catchup logic to hold you back. It's just that same player isn't as important for you as he once may have been. You uncover the same players, they just aren't so highly recommended as they would be to a smaller club.

If YOU scouted, and found Arsenal's Denilson tomorrow, you'd rate him as a maybe purchase for a big club. As a backup. As a mid table club you'd rate him highly as a potential starter, and as a relegation club, you'd tell your boss to bite his hand off.

What he said. But until I realized this I was wondering the same thing. Then I notice 2.5 star guys, but the scout still says he has potential to be leading striker, midfielder, whatever. But yeah, after stocking my team full of wonderkids it makes it less exciting and harder to find good young recruits.

yes i realise how the star rating system works(im talking about actual good players that regen that you can spot just by looking at their stats), i didnt mention this in my post, so i feel you may have misunderstood what i was trying to say.

when a player regens they obviously have a lower rep and im thinking these players may initially be over looked by "bigger" clubs scouts, and thus would act as a catch up logic of sort were teams with a lower rep would pick them up first on scout reports

Are you sending scouts out with the job of looking for kids? Or just general scouting?

As your reputation climbs, I can see the scouts focusing more on proven talent unless you actually set them a specific task of finding kids when setting up their duties.

yeah my scouts are always set to look for under 19's, im not looking for advice on how to find players, just stating what ive noticed in this version of the game, in the fact that ive noitced as my teams rep has grown the amount of regens my scouts turn up has seemingly decreased

Archived