Youth Compensation

I was just wondering if making an offer for a player disables the compensation. For example, I am trying to buy Valerio Verre from Roma and as he is on a youth contract I can sign him immediately but it will cost me around 900k in compensation. I was wondering if I made an offer of 40k, which Roma have already accepted, will I still have to pay an extra 900k or if I make an offer the compensation is irrelevant.

Have searched for this but can't seem to find it. Sorry if it's already been posted somewhere.

I was just wondering if making an offer for a player disables the compensation. For example, I am trying to buy Valerio Verre from Roma and as he is on a youth contract I can sign him immediately but it will cost me around 900k in compensation. I was wondering if I made an offer of 40k, which Roma have already accepted, will I still have to pay an extra 900k or if I make an offer the compensation is irrelevant.

Have searched for this but can't seem to find it. Sorry if it's already been posted somewhere.

I'm pretty sure there's no comp if you agree a fee. As the comp is there to help out teams that have had young players poached while not under proper contracts. If they're happy to agree a fee, one that's lower than the comp they'd receive, that's their stupid mistake.

Archived