Buying a laptop for fm11

i am concerned about getting a laptop that has a graphics card that will run the 3D matches on FM2011.

I know i need to get one with a dedicated card but the game says "Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported" so it's gonna be hit and miss.

It would be helpful if there was a section where laptop users could list the graphics cards they know worked with FM2011.

I have my heart set on getting a laptop but the company selling it will not let me return it without charging me re-stocking fees if it doesn't work.

The graphics card is a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5430 (512MB). If anyone know if this works please let me know. It will make my day.

Kind regards

chris

@sanchez87: What is your budget? And about the patches, i reckon you will more than likely only have to install the 11.3 patch.

@chrislawes: It should work to be honest, i currently have ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3470 (256mb) And that runs 3D mode perfectly, so you shouldn't have any problems at all!

The new laptop ranges with i3, i5, and i7 processors handle 3d graphics inside the processor - dedicated graphics card would be preferential but not "necessary".

If you're getting 32bit windows on the laptop then get 4 gb RAM.

If you're getting 64 bit windows then at least 6gb Ram.

i3<i5<i7 in processors

Google this "graphics card football manager 2011"

Other than that - work away and buy the best laptop you can afford. The i7 range is more expensive, but worth it.

Alrite chaps!

About to purchase a new laptop for arrival of new patch, can anyone recommend a good one for fm? Been a while since i purchased a new laptop!

Also will i need to download all the patches or just 11.3?

Regards

sanchez

New MacBook Pros are scheduled to be released this week. I run my game on my iMac (desktop) and it runs amazing via Steam. Also it runs decent on my old Macbook (about four years old), 3D is even really good.

Archived