Discipline Issues

Hi,

Not sure if this has been raised before or if anyone else has the same issue but I'm getting a stupid amount of Red and Yellow cards.

I'm in March and playing with Pompey in the champinship.. Season 1.. Top of the league, not stretched at all.. I went 30 games unbeaten so I'm coping easily and my players don't appear to be stretched.

It's not a specific position either.. It's all areas of the pitch that players are being sent off.. I've got normal tackling (even on the fullbacks and ball winning midfielder). I press more on the team instructions but I'm not sure that is an issue necessarily.

I am fining all.. No warnings.. 2 weeks for any red card now and the players aren't moaning.. so I know the discipline is ok.. Yet it still persists...

I do think the game does all it can to make it awkward for you when the AI hasn't quite fathomed your tactic, sending offs prior to crucial matches, silly little 3 day injuries to key players before big games etc... But then FM has always been like that..

Anyone else having similar issues? It's becoming a bit of a pain and very predictable..

Thanks

Obviously just me then!

I just got my 14th red card of the season!!.. a straight red for a deliberate handball by my striker whilst he was in the opposition half and over by the wing... only him and a defender there... This game isn't actually following the letter of the law.. I think SI need to look at it..

the rule for a straight red for a deliberate handball is as follows.. A deliberate handling offense to deny an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by any player other than a goalkeeper in his own penalty area ... So unless the defender was David Beckham and going to score from his own half and it was clearly a goalscoring opportunity denied for the opposition then this is clearly a mistake.

I appealed the card.. I didn't have valid grounds apparently hahaha..

SI maybe something you should look at.. if you want me to send you the replay of the incident let me know..

Just an observation but the game isn't actually following the letter of the law.

Well I've never had anything as bad, but when was getting lots of red cards, i changed the aggression down to default, maybe you should try turning it down again, also if you have naturally aggressive players they will pick more cards up. Also, think about when your players can pick up cards - when you're not in possession, maybe try change your tactics to be in control of the ball more

When I bought FM11 I noticed in my first season that any time my team started to get behind in score, they became frustrated and started getting more fouls and cards. It was a cascading effect too, it would sometimes turn into an avalanche as they became more and more frustrated. I was banging my head against the wall trying to figure out what was going on because 90% of my players were "Balanced" and "Professional." Come to find out the captain I chose had a preferred move of "Likes to argue with the referee" :p Never seen that before, especially as a "preferred move", so I removed the player as captain and put someone else in without that trait, and my card count was cut down tremendously.

Archived