FM11: Help with staff budget / salary

Ok this is REALLY frustrating. I am playing FM11 in the MLS league in the USA and this is my 2nd season with the team. I'm currently in 2nd place and I am $15,000 under budget for salary but I cannot for the life of me hire any staff for the budget cap that I'm given.

I searched on this forum and found that salary cap is based on club reputation, so I limited my searches to just Regional and below to start. That didn't work. I then went one step down from that, and one more step, till finally I'm looking at the absolute lowest reputation rating and I still can't hire anyone for what little the board is allowing me.

The max the board will allow is $650 a week, but all staff even on the rock bottom level won't go lower than $800 a week. I cannot adjust the budget as the slider bar is all the way to the left for salary budget already. This has to be a bug because it just doesn't make any sense, especially since I can't request the board to increase the salary cap. Is there any way around this or is this a known bug they plan to fix or? Any help is appreciated on this, my team is crippled because of this. I can't hire even the worst staff out there, and that just isn't right.

Thanks

E

Where do I see how much staff budget I have? I thought they were both combined as far as that slider was concerned.

I don't think you can or even if staff have a budget other than individual limits when you offer a contract.

As far as I understand it the wage budget is entirely for the players.

But the odd thing is is I just fired a coach, so in theory I should be able to hire another coach at his wage since that money is now free in the staff budget. The fired coach's salary was much much higher than $650 a week, but I can't utilize it. sigh.

Archived