how to get better regens?

I have a question about regen players. i want to start a game in an eastern european country and would like to have better quality regens coming into my squad from the get go. I plan to use FMRTE to get the result im looking for but what would my best bet be? just upgrade all my facilities at the club to 20 or would i need to change the club or maybe competition reputation level aswell? i doubt that changing my facilities to 20 will be enough or am i wrong?

i would like to be able to match the big european nations at generating great youth players and hopefully field a team capable of winning european trophies without having to sign to many foreign players.

Thanks for the reply guys.... so the country reputation is more of an influence than say league reputation... i'll keep that in mind.

underwater sunlight: yea thats what ive always done, interms of poaching cheap young regens from around the world but i find it much more satisfying slowly implementing the youths into the senior squad. unfortunately its too hard to do that in FM when you are managing in the balkans for example. the regens aren't so good after a few years down the track. In real life there are much more young guns coming out year by year which i want to change in my new savegame.

Country reputation

League reputation

Club reputation

Club facilities

I susspect in that order. Therefore a bad english club with bad facilities is more likely to get good regens than a great club in a very low reputation country (san marino? togo? st. Vincent? lots of them down there).

I might be wrong, but thats my understanding.

EDIT - but a good reputation club with good facilties in a bad reputation country might well get good regens, but of other nationalties - but thats just a supposition.

Archived