Signing players on pre contracts

Just enquiring as to if there is a way round this problem.

It is currently 5th June in the EPL and i'm managaing a team i got appointed manager of in February. The previous had no transfer budget remaining and was slightly over wage budget, i also had to offer one key player a significantly bigger contract to keep him - putting me further over budget.

I have several players leaving on bosmans and for money when the transfer window re-opens but my wage budget hasn't been re-adjusted for when these players go stopping me sign any player on a pre contract - the club simply won't let me offer.

So i am missing out on several key targets.

I have asked the wage budget to be increased to no avail - any ideas?

Surely in real life as soon as the last game is played, maybe even before that if needed a budget would be put in place for the following season.

I'm also a little annoyed when i don't have a budget around June time (i think in england i get it early July) when other teams are splashing the cash on players i want forcing me to act quickly..though that could simply be that other teams have money left over from the last time they got their budgets.

Clubs would have yearly budgets set I'd guess around the stature and income levels. League positions will affect things but the scenario you mention is highly unlikely to happy UNLESS the club could still see it's circumstances change. For example qualify for Europe or fail to, be relegated or not or gain promotion or not.

FM already notices what wages will be like in the future. It has the 'future salary' bit which adds on future transfers to let you see how much you are going to be spending once they go through. This should work both ways IMO and when players confirm they are leaving, be it due to contract expiry, future transfer or retirement, the game should reflect this.

I'd like to see a lot more made of players leaving clubs in general. Players generally decide during a season whether they will be retiring or not and players wouldn't idly sit by and watch their contract expire, they would ask what the situation is. You could then confirm either 'a contract will be offered' , "no decision about his future at the club has been made yet' or 'No contract is to be offered' etc. These decisions would then be made into news items and you would be able to comment on them, which leads nicely to the thread I posted about being able to pay tribute to outgoing players. It would also be a challenging situation as telling a player you aren't going to keep him could demotivate them, leaving them uncertain might inspire them to perform better or worry/unsettle them depending on the player's personality etc.

All seems a bit cold and clinical at the moment IMO.

Once the transfer window opened I brought in £6 million through transfers whcih meant I could negotiate some contracts, but no transfers really. On the 23rd June I asked again for transfer funds as i was trying to buy a key player, the board said no. 25th June, they give me £25million transfer budget for upcoming season. So fustrating!!!

Archived