Can't load a new game!

I tried to load up a new game.

When I started the procedure none of the names of the available countries showed up, but their flags did, also the selection button for each. I selected the countries, leagues, etc. & pressed button to proceed. Recieved a pop-up which said:

"A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:

BOLULU-PC/C:/Users/bolulu/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/Crash dumps"

I pressed the "OK" button & was duly thrown out of the game.

Now I am clueless what to do next. Has anyone seen anything like this & can advise me (in an extremely simple "step-by-step", way) what to do now?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Please forgive me for posting this as a new thread here (as well as in the BUGS Forum) but I do want to reach as wide an audience as possible to try to get the support I need.

There's a few things you can attempt to try and resolve crashes...

- First of all - if you've edited the data in any way, or added any graphics packs of any kind, please remove them and try again.

- Secondly - it's always worth ensuring your graphics card drivers are up to date.

- Third - update DirectX.

- Fourth - in preferences within FM, make sure the box "enable data collection" is unticked.

If you've done the above - please give us a little more information about your PC so we can stry and identify the issue.

Cheers

Matt

Hello Matt!

What a relief to have a SEGA man on board; thanks!

1) Not messed with data in any way, nor have I added any graphics (not smart enough to do either!).

2) Don't see why the graphics card whould suddenly become out of date. Am playing 2010 version fine whilst am unable to continue with 2011 version.

3) "update DirectX" Have no idea what this is, nor how I would go about doing this. Can you please advise?

4) Just went in & can confirm "enable data collection" is now unticked. It's to do with automatic saves, right? Following this "un-ticking" I have just re-tried loading a saved game & no joy!

Computer information:

Dell StudioXPS 435 MT

Proccesor: Intel® Core i7 CPU

Memory Ram: 6GB

System type: 64bit Operating System

Game is played through Steam, so patches are (presumably) loaded.

Matt: if you think this issue is a particular on for me (& not of interest to other players) please feel free to email me directions at:

bobinelsal@gmail.com

Await your advices & thnx!

Haha - I'm certainly not the cavalry, I just loiter here...;)

So - system spec appears to be pretty high. I would suggest having a look for updated graphics card drivers - while the card itself may not be that old its possible that the drivers have been updated and that would likely only be a benefit. FM10 working is no guarantee that FM11 would, etc... You can do this via Windows update...

DirectX - have a look here - http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?familyid=2da43d38-db71-4c1b-bc6a-9b6652cd92a3&displaylang=en - would probably be the first thing to try.

Let us know how you get on!

Hello again!

Matt, I downloaded DirectX as instructed. Download was fine!

Re-tried game & it's still broken! Won't reload saved games & won't start a new game.

You know I think this all revolves around the pop-up message I received:

"A serious error was encountered and the application will close. An error file has been generated in:

BOLULU-PC/C:/Users/bolulu/Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/crash dumps"

How do I react to get this message sorted?

Surprised no one else has responded with similar problem, aren't you?

Any other ideas?

Appreciate you sticking with me.

Thnx!

Matt!

I am a true duffer with computers & think my best way forward now is to unistall the whole game & re-install it again.

I bought the game through Steam so presume I must ask them how to do this.

You know how to do this?

Gonna start a new thread to see if anyone else knows how!

Archived