I like ripping off other managers.

I was Liverpool and signed C.Ronaldo midway through the second season. Admittedly I took advantage of the transfer bug, I'm not going to deny that, I got him for 35 million. In 160 games for me, he got 142 goals, at an average rating of 7.90. 3 and a half years later, I had a clear out of my Liverpool team(While I was well off, wanted to raise loads of money for the new Stadium I was getting, so that the loan repayments wouldn't be too bad, and also I had a bunch of talented youngsters who I wanted to give a go), selling Ronaldo, Dzeko(signed on a free), Robben(Free again), Kjaer(20 million), Agger, Coentrao and Pastore(he had a release fee).

Most of them went for respectable prices. Dezko 25 million, Robben 12.5, Agger 20, Coentrao 8, and Pastore 15. Ronaldo though, I sold to Man City, aged 30, 43.5 million quid. And in the past 2 and a bit seasons, he's been somewhere between average and rubbish by his standards! In 83 games he's got 35 goals and 13 assists. Last season he got a sub 7 rating. And is currently worth 4.1 million. I think I made a good deal there. :cool:

Its 70 billion lire - I think it was about 22million for Gabriel Batestuta when he moved to roma aged about 32/33

Was silly money, but it looked like it was a good signing because he was brilliant for one year, and then he just faded away, unsurprisingly.

Archived