Press Conferences and Asst Mgr's

Personally I find the press conferences a chore. It might be a time thing, as I prefer to spend my countless hours on FM working on other parts of the game. It already takes an age to complete a season, and so I tend to duck out of certain things so as not to slow things down even more.

As a result my Assistant Manager takes the pre match and post match interview, except for big matches, however what is this costing me in terms of team morale etc?

Also, is it just the 'man management' attribute that I should be looking for in a good AM (that takes press conferences) or are other attributes important too?

Thanks

The AM at West Ham is not great. So when I first started a West Ham game I tried to dismiss him. The board blocked it because of the compo he would be paid. So I stuck with him.

I never do the press conferences, they are boring and it's easy to upset your players with an answer you think is great but they think is dumb.

My AM at West Ham has been brilliant at press conferences, many players have the PR logo next to them after conferences and lots of them have him as "Fav Personal".

His media style is Volatile, plays mind games and media friendly.

He has 13 man management, 12 motivating, 15 discipline and 13 tactical knowledge.

When you look at his stats, it's hard to see if there is a recipe for sucess for media handling because he seems pretty good at it.

I'm not a fan of the press conferences, so I always let the assistant take them. You just need to make sure you have an assistant that gives the sorts of responses you would. I've had some complete nutters in my time that have only lasted a few games before being given the boot for the ridiculous responses he was giving.

I really like having an assistant I can trust, which is probably why I've stuck by the first assistant I appointed with Havant & Waterlooville all the way up to Valencia.

Archived