2nd season

any help with this. first season with fulham had an awful start come december hanging on to my job and in the bottom. finished the season well finishing a respectable 9th. Now second season made some good signings improving on what i had, nothing major but cant seem to hang onto a lead for anything. 3 or 4 times iv been 2-1 up in the 90th minute and end up losing 3-2!!

what mentality do you starts games with, and do you change this during the game at all? Could be as simple as switching to Counter or Defensive for the last 15/20 minutes in a game, or even Contain for the last 5/10 mins. Also try some touchline shouts like Retain Possession, Pass To Feet and (if you're on counter) Clear Ball To Flanks. I never used to hold on to narrow leads either until I started using these in FM10

Use touchline instructions and watch the game. For some reason if I start off attacking and notice the oppo is making a few chances or I'm missing a few easy chances I will drop down to control. If the oppo are playing long balls over the top then set your players to play deeper. Like Lallana said, play contain, retain possession and take a breather for the last 5 - 10 mins. This depends if you're not really playing well but winning.

If you're winning and looking comfortable by a couple of goals then don't change what you're doing unless it looks like the opp are coming into it.

Archived