(Iphone) Complaints and Bugs

Playing as Bournemouth 2011/2012 season:

1. The adjusting budgets doesn't always work - sometimes I have a transfer budget of 9k and when I adjust it, the 9k disappears and the wage budget doesn't increase.

2. My wage budget only gets smaller by a bit (even when I get rid of players) - how do I increase my wage budget and the amount I can pay per week?!

3. Some of the changes you mentioned in the changelist, Mark, aren't even there and some are just absurd:

e.g. Added Manager profile page - what do you mean?! that was already there...

Improved Manager confidence operation - how??

I have also noticed a few other bugs like crashing and penalties being given randomly... also, players sprinting to the opposite side of the pitch before a slight delay and then a penalty is given.

I think Fmh11 handheld is a great game but I don't see that big a change from Fmh10 - a bit disappointed if I must say so.

And the match engine issues can normally be sorted with a reboot of your iPhone - playing lots of games uses up your device's virtual memory, and a reboot will sort that out and help the match engine a lot. Chances are those decisions were meant to be made, but just not in the way that you were shown.

• SI Staff
1. The adjusting budgets doesn't always work - sometimes I have a transfer budget of 9k and when I adjust it, the 9k disappears and the wage budget doesn't increase.

I'll check into this - if this does occur in the meantime you should be able to adjust it back (basically what has happened is that the wage adjustment is so small the 'rounding' for display removes it from being visible.

2. My wage budget only gets smaller by a bit (even when I get rid of players) - how do I increase my wage budget and the amount I can pay per week?!

You'll need to perform well and increase the reputation of your players or trade a reasonable amount of transfer budget into it (several hundred thousand normally).

3. Some of the changes you mentioned in the changelist, Mark, aren't even there and some are just absurd:

e.g. Added Manager profile page - what do you mean?! that was already there...

Improved Manager confidence operation - how??

In regards to the manager profile page - yes there was a human profile before, but you couldn't view CPU manager profiles, if you click on them you can now. This will help you ascertain their personalities and likely approach to transfer negotiations etc. if you're astute.

The manager confidence changes are improvements in hiring/firing and how the board respond to you - no they're not 'huge' things - but they're important for people who were affected by them, this is why I mentioned them (similar sort of thing for me posting about there being the option for starting 'unemployed' for instance, I know its important to some people playing).

I have also noticed a few other bugs like crashing and penalties being given randomly... also, players sprinting to the opposite side of the pitch before a slight delay and then a penalty is given.

There are still a couple of glitches in the penalties on the 2d; I'll be looking into them for the updates apologies for that (but I hope you'll agree in general the 2d is improved?) - with regards to crashes, if you experience any and are running iOS4 please fully power down your game (hold down the start button until 'slide to power off' appears and then follow the intrustuctions, wait 15 seconds and restart the phone). The reason for this is simply that a LOT of people running iOS4 accidentally leave huge amounts of applications active on their phones which can cause issues running programs ... tbh I've done it myself so if this is the case you're not alone.

(and just to reassure you I am still investigating details of any reported crashes just to make certain that any which might be present will be fixed in updates)

I think Fmh11 handheld is a great game but I don't see that big a change from Fmh10 - a bit disappointed if I must say so.

Sorry to hear that - hopefully I can win you over during updates - to be quite frank I've never personally 'sold' it as being a HUGE change to FMHi 2010 ... I loved the feel of the first game and wanted to evolve and improve upon that, thats all - I think FMHi 2011 is better and more well rounded and I'm confident most people playing it will get a lot of hours of enjoyment from it for the price of a couple of pints of beer (which to me is good value for money).

Archived