finishing issues

does anyone else have finishing or shooting issues? i average 20 shots a game with about 3 - 5 on target. my strikers and wingers just dont seem to finish anything from inside the 18. my mids kill from long range but im not getting goals from inside the 18.

Yeah I get it all the time. As far as I can tell, the standard of defending in the game is not realistic and so you end up with your strikers clean through on goal a lot. To balance this out, the match engine seems to make your chance conversion rate pathetic and have your players continually fluff up one on ones or have their keeper play amazing so you dont win all your matches 8-0. Its just covering up flaws with more flaws, they really need to revamp the match engine so that easy chances are less common, but more easily scored. Im so sick of watching Wayne Rooney blast his shots at the keeper or pointlessly thump it from 40 yards when he has plenty of passing options, its something that has been around for years and yet they still havent bothered getting rid of it.

Charismatic is right, defending in the game seems somewhat awful at times. I just had 12 clear cuts missed from two excellent strikers only to win 1-0 on a long range shot. While its not this bad all the time, my strikers seem to blind, deaf and dumb continuously. I do win, but its far from the goal galore it should be most matches ...

Just to put things in to perspective, when you get a 4-4 thriller, each team has probably had more than 20 shots on goal each.

That means that the defending probably was pretty poor.

Man Utd v Barca, 3-3 - I'll bet both teams were proud of the atatcking play, but equally dismayed at their defences performance.

Archived