Mac-related Questions about Match View

If I only have Mac OS X (version 10.4.11) will I be able to use the views in the match view. In past versions it has been extremely choppy and I have only been using the 2D or 2D classic view. I would like to know if I need to upgrade my Mac operating system to properly view all the different match views.

Anyone have any help for me?

Thanks!

If you coudln't play 3D on FM10 I doubt you will be able to play 3D on this version.

In terms of upgrading a Mac, I've never done it myself, I am not sure you can easily update things like a graphics card - which is the component that would be holding you back, not the OS.

Please correct me if I am wrong Mac users!

If I only have Mac OS X (version 10.4.11) will I be able to use the views in the match view. In past versions it has been extremely choppy and I have only been using the 2D or 2D classic view. I would like to know if I need to upgrade my Mac operating system to properly view all the different match views.

Anyone have any help for me?

Thanks!

First of all it's best to point out that FM2011 will not work on MacOSX 10.4.x it is only compatable with OSX 10.5 and above. As for upgrading it depends. If you have an iMac or a MacBook I'm afraid you're out of luck as upgrading those machines outside of RAM (though afaik you can't even do that on an iMac) is not a end-user job. If you have a MacPro, so one of the towers, then upgrading it is similar to that of a normal PC. An OS upgrade will not resolve the choppyness as that is directly related to the graphics card your machine has. For example my MacBook has an Intel GMA card. FM10 3D was choppy on 10.5 and still is on 10.6 so I still use the 2D ME which is fine by me.

So in summary, if you want to play FM11 you'll need an OS upgrade, if you want to use the 3D match engine in all its glory you'll likely need to get a whole new Mac.

Archived