International call up for a dual nationality player.

I've gotten around 7-8 seasons in Serie A, and I was Italy coach for Euro championship cycle. Now, I dont know if this is a bug, but it's worth mentioning:

In my game, Paulo Henrique gets a dual nationality (Bra/Ita) and was never called up to the Brazil national team. When he gets it, the message says something to the point that "he was frustrated with not being called up to Brazil, and is now open to playing for Italy". Ok, sounds easy enough. I'm Italy coach, I immediately try to call him up, nope, cant do it. It says he's already involved with another national team, I check and he's not called up for Brazil, he's in U23 Brazil squad. I try calling him up every possible chance for the next 1 year, cant do it. He was not once called up to Brazil NT, only U23 squad (even though he was too old to be playing for U23s).

So, not once I could call him up during 1 full year, even though he was never called up for Brazil, never even selected for their squad.

P.S. Playing FM11, 11.1.1.

Sounds like a minor bug which disallows interaction with the player if he's involved in any way with another nations national set up. It'd be interesting to see if you could call him up if he were removed from Brazil U23's due to injury or something.

This is something SI could perhaps address, so report it in the Bugs forum. It sounds like a bit of an oversight to me.

I've gotten around 7-8 seasons in Serie A, and I was Italy coach for Euro championship cycle. Now, I dont know if this is a bug, but it's worth mentioning:

In my game, Paulo Henrique gets a dual nationality (Bra/Ita) and was never called up to the Brazil national team. When he gets it, the message says something to the point that "he was frustrated with not being called up to Brazil, and is now open to playing for Italy". Ok, sounds easy enough. I'm Italy coach, I immediately try to call him up, nope, cant do it. It says he's already involved with another national team, I check and he's not called up for Brazil, he's in U23 Brazil squad. I try calling him up every possible chance for the next 1 year, cant do it. He was not once called up to Brazil NT, only U23 squad (even though he was too old to be playing for U23s).

So, not once I could call him up during 1 full year, even though he was never called up for Brazil, never even selected for their squad.

P.S. Playing FM11, 11.1.1.

I'll be honest, what I would do in this situation is create a new manager, take over Brazil, drop him from the squad, and then call him up for Itay.

Lets be honest, Brazil get through managers so quickly in the game that they will probably sack their current manager within a few months anyway!

THIS IS NOT A BUG.

The U23 squad is not a junior squad. For the Olympics, the rule is that the squad is full of Under-23s, with three (I think) over 23s permitted. This is listed as U23 squad. Although these are not listed as full international caps, they are counted by Fifa as senior caps, thus preventing the player from playing for another country, such as, in your case, Italy.

The confusing part is why it is not listed as being 'declared for Brazil' on the personal screen.

Archived