Transfer dealing! I'm hopeless!

First of all, I apologise if this is dealt with elsewhere; if it is, please direct me there. I've looked & couldn't find another thread.

I simply cannot sign new player, or renew contracts.

I have a large enough wage budget to offer what the agent is asking, but his demand is always in pink (above board level). No matter how I tweak other catagories, the wage demand is ALWAYS in pink & I have to finish negotiations (& the agents won't talk to me again!).

I find the whole transfer negotiation tedious, frustrating & (in my case) just totally unworkable. I haven't made a single transfer or contract renewal in 2 game years of play. Even when I adjust transfer fee for higher wage-roll, it doesn't help with me wage offer toplayer.

Latest renewal, the player is on 1,900 p.w. & board won't allow me to pay above 1,000. It's just stupid!

Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong?

HELP!!!!!

I try this & see. Like the game, but the negotiations with agents is no fun at all!

I also find I am having to sacrifice most of my transfer funds (going for free agents) & convert it to wage roll. Having a large w/roll behind you means you can sometimes avoid the dreaded "pink" restrictions in negotiations.

Not very satisfactory though & still feel I'm missing something!

Archived