All my players want to leave

In my fourth season. I've been teasing this goalkeeper through the youth team and up to the reserves...then the magic words, "not much difference between him and your strongest goalkeeper". Magic. Put him in the side. Of course, after 10 months in the sticks, and just turned 18 he wants to leave. I have to talk him out of leaving every week. It's pretty tedious. Of my first team, I talk 8 of them out of leaving ever two or three weeks, and three guys on the subs bench. That's eleven guys...the mood in the dressing room is supposed to be superb.

It's very frustrating.

They all want to move to bigger clubs. But i've been playing tonight, and it's properly ridiculous. I mean some of the clubs that are interested in some of these players (i'm in season five and have some very good players at Celtic), but there's a limit! Spartak Moscow come in for one of my players - say they offer 3m. And i ask for 6m (which happens to me all the time when trying to bye a player) and they knock me back. OK. Immediatly, this player, 16 months into a 4 year contract is unhappy, and wants to move to a bigger club.

They all want to move to bigger clubs, all the time. I must have had a dozen requests in the past 5 weeks (game time).

Then, I say to them, "i will decide when you go" OR "i want to make this club bigger, you are going to be a part of that" and they go, OK, sorry, i'm an asshole. But they are back in two weeks.

In personal, it generally says no worse than "unsettled".

What's the scoop here guys? Are none of these guys going to sign new contracts? Because that would be....disagreeable!

as a club, celtic have a pretty high reputation, but the SPL's rep is not great (in my saves the league rep drops around 10 places after the first season dropping from a 3 star league to a 2.5 star) and this will have a negative affect on ambitious players.

offering contracts will cheer up your players for a short time but they will still get annoyed if you reject transfer bids

Thanks.

Any idea where I stand on contract renewals for players who are behaving in this way? I have successfully extended contracts for guys who have been intermintantly gurning, but this seems a bit different.

Also, am I better off promising acting up players that the club's status is going to be enhanced, or laying down the law? Is there a general feeling about this if i'm looking to keep players at the club?

i tend to tell the players i want the club to pregress in the hope that players stay, but there is no definitive answer.

as for the players that won't sign. keep trying. attempt to offer them new deals every few weeks, aim for a high profile signing if possible, and make the effort to win trophies. don't send the kids into the cup games as any trophy is better than no trophy.

If I played in the SPL Id want out too :D

Sorry couldnt resist, and yes Im scottish so I can slag scotland ;)

That is the problem though, the SPL is considered a poor league and unless you win the chanpions league a few times in a row its going to degrade a little further while playing in it.

Pretty accurate IMO, we have a hard time keeping decent players in any scottish club.

Archived