New aptop required for FM11

Hi guys had a quick look through the threads and couldnt see a similar post.

Anyway Ive had my Sony Vaio laptop for about 4 years now and it was slow too play FM10, brought FM11 the other week and played it a few times but its hideously slow!!!

I'm now looking for a new laptop, specifically for FM11, all I'll need the laptop to do is play FM and maybe a few other games, DVD's, store some pictures and music and browse the net!

I was just seeking some help on what sort of laptop I should buy and the spec I should look at too get FM11 running at a fast speed maybe 4 stars and above with 4-5 leagues running and medium database!

Much help would be appreciated, looking to spend upto 600£. x

Hi guys had a quick look through the threads and couldnt see a similar post.

Anyway Ive had my Sony Vaio laptop for about 4 years now and it was slow too play FM10, brought FM11 the other week and played it a few times but its hideously slow!!!

I'm now looking for a new laptop, specifically for FM11, all I'll need the laptop to do is play FM and maybe a few other games, DVD's, store some pictures and music and browse the net!

I was just seeking some help on what sort of laptop I should buy and the spec I should look at too get FM11 running at a fast speed maybe 4 stars and above with 4-5 leagues running and medium database!

Much help would be appreciated, looking to spend upto 600£. x

exactly same as i posted mate with no help so far :( however iv'e only got 3-400 quid to spend!! only really want it for fm11 and internet.

Compaq Presario CQ60.

I'm not totally sure on prices cos I got mine with a dongle from Phones4U, but I'm sure i saw the same model in tesco at one point for just over £300.

It's got the basic requirements for the game, and you can upgrade the RAM to 4gb as far as I know, but I can play a database with 32000+ and with a 3d match no problem.

It does get hot quickly though, but I've never had overheating issues.

Compaq Presario CQ60.

I'm not totally sure on prices cos I got mine with a dongle from Phones4U, but I'm sure i saw the same model in tesco at one point for just over £300.

It's got the basic requirements for the game, and you can upgrade the RAM to 4gb as far as I know, but I can play a database with 32000+ and with a 3d match no problem.

It does get hot quickly though, but I've never had overheating issues.

this sounds quite promising im on the case googling now! however how would i go about upgrading the ram to 4gig? local computer shop?

You can do, I have a mate with the same computer and he upgraded his to 4gig and its pretty immense, got loads of leagues and everything.

I know PC world do it, but can be quite expensive. If you know someone who is handy with computers i'd recommend buying the ram and getting them to install it.

I think though, that you can buy this model or a similar one to it with the same specs and 3gb ram. :)

Archived