how do board takeovers at your club affect your game?

I am currently doing a save with derby county and have just started my second season. i won the championship but i was taken over in december of the first season by a slovenian tycoon who jus loves throwing money around.

now my first reaction to this was, "great, im minted, no worries now". But having done that first season all myself, devloped my own tactic signed player in accordance with the original budget and basically massively overachieved by winning the league, i feel that now i had 60 million to spend in my first season in the prem, that it will be easy to get to a stage where i can win everything every season relatively easily.

I mean i now have andy carroll, eden hazard, gio dos santos and moussa sissoko playing for me to name but a few. which like i say is great but doesnt really make me feel like i will acheive anything because anybody can buy a team and make them good. ( well apart from roberto mancini that is )

so whilst im happy my club has unlimited finances and i should, over a few seasons, create a world beating team which i guess is the aim of the game, i am also a little disheartened that it wont all be my own doing via a shoestring budget, a few good loans and unearthing and nurturing a few gems.

i am also comparing this to fm09 where i just played one save all year 28 seasons, took derby from nothing to the greatest club in history all with the original chairman, no handouts, all my own doing. and i have to say that is my favourite save on any fm or cm in my 10 years of playing

does anybody else find this or do people just love the monneeeyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Archived