Offer player to clubs - How does it work?

One of my players refused to train well, and after prodding him a number of times and getting a negative response I decided to kick him off the team. After seeing that a number of clubs were interested in him, I offered him for transfer at a price of 1.1 mil. This is what I saw in the transfer centre:

83151281.png

Why does this happen? Why do all the big clubs get a proposal for just 750k (which is the player value), while the others get a 1.1 mil proposal? I noticed a similar tren in last year's game, but not sure if it's a bug or it's meant to be that way.

clubs know u want to get rid of the player so aint going to always pay wat you want eg 1.1mil....they see this as a great chance to bid the players value and sometimes it the best you will get up front... be carefull when you see a club offering 1.1mill that may not be all upfront instead be installments etc..

No, that's the funny part. If you look closely in the screenshot, the proposal that was sent to Blackburn, Wolfsburg, Werder Bremen, Sporting CP etc. is only for 400k(+350k over 12 months not shown). However, the proposal my board sent out to AS Monaco, Paris St Germain, Panathinaikos etc. is 750k(+350k), which is what I actually asked for. So, between me sending the proposal, and the proposal reaching the interested clubs, the values get modulated somehow. Is this supposed to mirror real world? I'm not so sure.

Note: The player is not really unhappy. His morale is still good, and he 'Doesn't want to leave the club'. He is also not transfer listed.

No, that's the funny part. If you look closely in the screenshot, the proposal that was sent to Blackburn, Wolfsburg, Werder Bremen, Sporting CP etc. is only for 400k(+350k over 12 months not shown). However, the proposal my board sent out to AS Monaco, Paris St Germain, Panathinaikos etc. is 750k(+350k), which is what I actually asked for. So, between me sending the proposal, and the proposal reaching the interested clubs, the values get modulated somehow. Is this supposed to mirror real world? I'm not so sure.

Note: The player is not really unhappy. His morale is still good, and he 'Doesn't want to leave the club'. He is also not transfer listed.

Your not getting this are you? The clubs dont want to pay what your are asking so they are coming back with a counter offer! You offer for £1.1m but they dont want to pay that so they offer £750,000 to see if you will accept it. Its not hard to understand.

I clearly understand your point of view, cuz it's way different from FM2010.. I think they intended to make the game this way in FM2011.. However the rebuild new transfer system has too many problems currently, SI is gonna sort the problems out and fix in coming patch. we have to wait and see..

Your not getting this are you? The clubs dont want to pay what your are asking so they are coming back with a counter offer! You offer for £1.1m but they dont want to pay that so they offer £750,000 to see if you will accept it. Its not hard to understand.

No man, you first have to understand what Im saying. The clubs are not coming with a counter offer. All the clubs that were sent a proposal of 750k by the board (yes, the screen shows the proposals your board has sent to them, not their offers; the offers come later on, when you get the messages in your inbox saying 'XXXX club make Voser bid', get it?), are makinh an offer of 750k, and all the other clubs that were sent a 1.1 mil proposal have offered 1.1 mil for the player.

Do you get what I'm saying? It's your own board that's deciding to lower the proposed transfer fee for certain big clubs, and keeping the one you specified for all the rest!!!

It doesn't matter anyway. No one buys your players in this game. It's ridiculous.

What're you on about? I've had no major problems selling players and I've sold 4 in my first season. Of course, there are some who noone's interested in, but then unless they play well and build some reputation, who's gonna come knocking anyway. And I'm managing Grasshopper Club Zurich in the Swiss League so I don't have stellar players, just average, well-performing ones.

Archived