Football Manager 2007

Don't know if this is in the right place, but here goes.

To me, FM 07 is the ultimate football game, I update it with my own transfers, etc. But I recently purchased a mac and for some reason it doesn't install stating:

Searching for Java Virtual Machine...

.........................No Java Runtime Environment (JRE) was found on this system.

Now, I've done the manual and automatic install of Java and still no hope. If anyone has got any solution for me I'd be extremely grateful.

LiamSAFC

Google says:

If Java is installed on your system but the version of Java is somehow incompatible with the installer, this may lead to some strange behavior and side effects when trying to run the installer. Symptoms may include, but not necessarily be limited to, the installer window not being drawn properly, the installer content only being partly displayed or not displayed at all or buttons not being present or not functioning. There are a couple of things you can do to try to fix this problem:

1. Uninstall Java Runtime Environment, then try to run the FM07 installer again. The installer comes bundled with Java that it will use if there is no Java present on the system.

2. Install the latest Java manually if the above doesn't work, then you can try to install the latest Java runtime environment manually. Then try to run the FM07 installer again.

If you get an error dialog that says "could not utilize start class: com.installshield.wizard.Wizard" when trying to run the installer, the Java system is being blocked and cannot run.

1. Anti-virus software blocking Java. Please check your anti-virus software setup and set it up so it allows Java (java.exe) to run as normal. Refer to the manual, help or other documentation for your anti-virus software on how to do this. An alternative is to disable your anti-virus while running the installer, and re-enable it once it has finished installing.

Users of certain versions of McAffee VirusScan are advised to disable and re-enable anti-virus, then reboot the computer.

2. Install as administrator user or the install may fail.

3. Insufficient disk space for temporary files. In some situations, it may be that the installer's own free disk space check succeeds, but it then in fact ends up not having enough disk space on the drive or partition where temporary files are stored (usually Cocuments and SettingsLocal SettingsTemp). In this case, you should try to free up as much space as possible on the drive that contains the temporary files (usually C - 1GB is a recommended minimum, a few GB is advisable.

I've just posted in your other thread but:

Have a look at this thread and try the suggestion in there. The OP never got back to me whether he was successful on the 2nd attempt.

Basically FM07 needs Java 1.5 which isn't on Snow Leopard :)

Archived