Downside to "active" Int. Managers?

I'm managing Arsenal at the moment. I would also like to manage nationally, but only during competitions.

So for example in my game summer 2008, I'm with England and in my game, we won Euro 2008. Now I plan to resign and wait until 2010 where I'll take a nation to world cup (hopefully).

My question is whether there is a negative impact in doing this.. like being hated or etc..

Are you saying that you don't want to lead your team during the qualifier matches?

You can always Go on holiday for those qualifier matches, if your ass man is reliable to win enough points to qualify.

National managers don't tend to resign before a big tournament, so there is very little chance for you to participate only in the major tournament only without going through the qualifier. But you can cheat and knock them off with new manager, but it's not certain that you'd get that job.

There won't be negative impact on that; the game does not have the sense of hatred if you just come and go, but it's likely to mess up your game if you knock out international manager every 2 years.

Archived