Please Help someone. :(

Im playing FM 10 on my laptop which is on Vista.

I was having a few probs with how it was running. It seemed to go from working fine to struggling to load certain screens like going from player to squad and vice versa.

So I thought it was somethin I had added to the game as I added a commentary pack and press pack. Then I thought ok lets go back to my original commentary, But I wasnt sure which one was my copy of my original and where to put it. So I got all confused. So I had to do the last resort which was reinstall the game.

i made a copy of both Football manager files. one that goes in the program C/Program x86/SI/Fm2010 and one that goes in the C/user/Me/Documents/SI/Fm2010. (which holds all the graphics and saves etc)

I thought I had covered myself no problem but when I tryed to load the saves they wasnt there? I found them via going thru the options of going thru your sytem and found them in the document section. The save wouldny load. I freaked out completely. After loads of testing and messing about I thought of trying to load the game from the desktop copies I had made and it loaded!

But it didnt have any of the graphics. For some reason I cant get any graphics to load up now even if I add them to this desktop Fm10, as I dont think the graphics are meant to be in that folder anyway.

I have tryed copying the desktop FM(the one that goes in the x86 bit) and all it does is load up without any graphics and it keeps re making the sounds file, skins, games, editor file etc? I have tryed deleting those and they just keep re making thereself. If I then fill those files with info they work(eg saves, skins, updates)? But it wont work with the graphics.

If someone could please help I would really appreciate it. I dont know what to do and although I am relieved to get my save back I cant play on if I can never get the graphics back.

Thanks in advance anyone.

Go to the FM folder in my docs.

Click on the Address bar and Copy all thats written there.

In FM, Go to preference and paste that text in the user file location box.

Confirm and restart FM.

Should Work. :)

Go to the FM folder in my docs.

Click on the Address bar and Copy all thats written there.

In FM, Go to preference and paste that text in the user file location box.

Confirm and restart FM.

Should Work. :)

Do you mean fm10 in the user my documents? As cant see this address bar?

Dam it keeps going back to the other... C:/Program Files (x86)/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2010/

it wont change to my user one.

Try moving all the stuff to the directory specified by the User box.

PS you need to restard for that to take effect.

Try moving all the stuff to the directory specified by the User box.

PS you need to restard for that to take effect.

you mean copy all the graphics over to where its showing on the user box? Wont it work if I just shift a bit and see if that works. As I have alot of stuff and that will take along time

you mean copy all the graphics over to where its showing on the user box? Wont it work if I just shift a bit and see if that works. As I have alot of stuff and that will take along time

Yeah just copy a save game or something.

Also there is no graphics folder there. which means I have to create one there yea? And you sure I need tp restart after shifting graphics over?

1) Yeah create it.

2) You need to restart FM for the change in User folder changes.

3) Make sure you have "Use skin cache" UNTICKED and "Reload skin on confirm" TICKED

1) Yeah create it.

2) You need to restart FM for the change in User folder changes.

3) Make sure you have "Use skin cache" UNTICKED and "Reload skin on confirm" TICKED

But the user folder wont change to the one you said change it to. Or do you mean adding stuff to this user instead of normal graphics folder?

and is there no way I can get it bakc how it was before? And any reason why that user data folder wont change to the graphics one.

But the user folder wont change to the one you said change it to. Or do you mean adding stuff to this user instead of normal graphics folder?

and is there no way I can get it bakc how it was before? And any reason why that user data folder wont change to the graphics one.

Forget about the user folder. Make sure of point 3.

Forget about the user folder. Make sure of point 3.

Thanks mate, it has worked. I didnt know I would have to reload FM to see graphics. As normally I just reloaded skin and that worked. So when I added just a few files to see if graphics worked in this folder I didnt think it was working.

So does this mean adding graphics in the future I will have to reload Fm to checvk if they work or not. Or to get them working I will have to restart Fm each time? Or is there anyway round that? Thanks again.

Thanks mate, it has worked. I didnt know I would have to reload FM to see graphics. As normally I just reloaded skin and that worked. So when I added just a few files to see if graphics worked in this folder I didnt think it was working.

So does this mean adding graphics in the future I will have to reload Fm to checvk if they work or not. Or to get them working I will have to restart Fm each time? Or is there anyway round that? Thanks again.

Glad it worked but

After pasting the gfx in their folder, You have to go to preference in FM. Then in the Display and Sounds tab, Untick and tick those boxes (point 3). Click confirm.(If its FM11 then click Reload Skin) :thup:

No need to restart FM

Glad it worked but

After pasting the gfx in their folder, You have to go to preference in FM. Then in the Display and Sounds tab, Untick and tick those boxes (point 3). Click confirm.(If its FM11 then click Reload Skin) :thup:

No need to restart FM

Oh right, thats what I did before. But as I said it didnt work when I first added graphics to that x86 file. But I just reloaded after adding some more graphics and its worked ;-)

So I got a question. why before was all this info split into 2 diff FM folders. Now I have it all in one folder? Is that normal and ok to do that?

No idea. Should be two folder.

What should be 2 folder? You mean all the info being in 2 different places/ Cos I meanty before I had saves/tactics/editor/updates/skins in the x86 one. And all my graphics in the user/documents one. Is that how it is normally?

What should be 2 folder? You mean all the info being in 2 different places/ Cos I meanty before I had saves/tactics/editor/updates/skins in the x86 one. And all my graphics in the user/documents one. Is that how it is normally?

Are you using steam? Might be something to do with it.

"Normally" & in my case, only the FM files installed by the disc(Editor, Updates, game) were in the Program files(x86). Tactics, saves, skins, graphics etc all are in Documents

Are you using steam? Might be something to do with it.

"Normally" & in my case, only the FM files installed by the disc(Editor, Updates, game) were in the Program files(x86). Tactics, saves, skins, graphics etc all are in Documents

No not using steam.

And sorry yea it was saves and graphics etc in the documents one. And so is the documents one what you add to the game? Ive never understood why there are 2 different folders to add to the same game. I know very little lol. But you saying it should all be ok in the same folder now?

Archived