FM2011 Demo - Running between defenders

Hi! I played a few games on the demo now, all of them in 3D. I seem to encounter the same problems time and again.

1. Defenders make mind boggling decisions. It seems like attackers just run in between them and they don't even move or make an attempt at going after them.

2. Players clear the ball into touch even though they are not under imediat pressure.

3. One on ones result in a goal in about 10 attempts. The players just shoot right at the keeper.

On a positive note i do like the new 3D graphics and TV view. I think that if some issues are resolved this could turn out great.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

1. yeah

2. yeah... defender running back for ball not under pressure. diving header up in the air. He could have turned or passed back or to the side. (moving onto 3 here) Forward sweeps in gets ball one on one... hits the goal keeper and comes out (inside the 18 yard box just) keeper runs up and boots the ball off my defender who has now got up from diving header and it goes in the net.

Plus other ocassions of Defenders making a right Brad Pitt of it scuffing it around the danger zone sliding into the ball when there is no one around etc

3. yeah one on one are nothing to get excited about... always saved

these one on ones are really annoying.. i mean it's not football.. in my experience i get too many one on ones too easily, but i score only one out of five or six... mostly end up blasted at the keeper.. seems a bit ****ed up...

Hopefully the one on one issue gets resolved in the day one patch that is what Si are saying anyway just hope it is visible because this is the only thing that is annoying I have about 15 chance on target but can hardly get a goal because they just hit it wide on hit it straight at the keeper when there is plenty of time and space.

Hi! I played a few games on the demo now, all of them in 3D. I seem to encounter the same problems time and again.

1. Defenders make mind boggling decisions. It seems like attackers just run in between them and they don't even move or make an attempt at going after them.

2. Players clear the ball into touch even though they are not under imediat pressure.

3. One on ones result in a goal in about 10 attempts. The players just shoot right at the keeper.

On a positive note i do like the new 3D graphics and TV view. I think that if some issues are resolved this could turn out great.

Has anyone else experienced these problems?

These issues have got the be the three most frustrating things in FM11. Okay, player chat is frustrating too. Oh yah, agent fees... Anyways, It seems as though at least 4 out of 5 1v1s with the keeper end with the ball fired directly into the keeper's midriff, not even requiring the bloke to take a step. Also, getting six chances like this per game is also very unrealistic. I think this has to do with point 3, that too often defenders simply watch as a player runs straight past him. Even worse is when the striker has his back to the net, and is allowed to turn and have a clear run at goal while the defender recovers from his challenge that came a full second too late.

About defensive clearances, I can't believe professional players would ever succumb to their nerves that badly with no opponent within a dozen yards. Especially bad when ball is cleared with a completely random diving header.

Match v903

- Rewritten tracking and marking of player with ball

- Fine tuned dribbling ability to allow for above change

- Made players more likely to round keeper when clear on goal

- Also made players less likely to shoot too early when clear on goal

- Made players under no pressure less likely to play first time or second touch pass unless it is a really good option

I think this covers all thats mentioned here actually. Better defenders, less one on ones, but (when happening) more effective. We will see if it works, but there is hope.

Archived