Very disappointed!!!

Firstly I love FM2010 I really do but after playing 18 or so seasons I know that the fun of the game fastly erodes the higher up the league you get.

From never winning a cup I've won the FA Cup twice, league twice and Champions Lg with AFC Wimbledon. I don't use super tactics and I thought I was an average player (which I didn't mind) as it took me 14 yrs to get to the Premiership.

Once I got there I've found it to be way too easy winning the league on both occassions by over 15 points. I've 120m in the bank and all this is done with a capacity of only 32,000.

I am not alone in feeling this way so I've decided i'd like to quit an join a lower team. Last night i took out my save game, quit and holidayed for 2.5 seasons just to see what happened to AFC Wimbledon. What happened has changed my opinion of the game indefinately:-

1. They sold my striker (who scored 60 goals in two seasons) for £4.2m?

2. They sold my wondekid striker for £3m.?

3. They changed formation from 4-2-3-1 to 4-4-2 meaning the current world play of the year (who played in the Stevie G role) now occupies centre midfield and instead of scoring 25 goals + a season, scored 6 & 7

4. They played my Ronaldo type player out of position on the left of midfield

5. They spent 21m on a centre half despite having the Brazilian and English best defenders and a £35m russian defender - plus numerous young lad

6. Points tally in season one dropped from 92 to 79 and they barely won the league

7. Points tally in season two dropped to 77 and they came second

The club had £120m in the bank so why tell loads of these players. The wage bill was £700k per week so very manageable too. It just seems so random and pointless - i was looking forward to taking the likes of Oldham up and challenging the might AFC Wimbledon but it looks like the AI will get the club relegated the way it is going!!

Sloppy

• Administrators

Team in 'not doing so well' shocker after a manager leaves? Get Liverpool fans to introduce you to Graeme Souness and you'll know more about it...

(Although in fairness we are aware of some debatable decisions by AI managers and it's something we've put a lot of time looking into - some of this will be noted in FM11)

Liverpool fan here so dont need the reminder... Paul Konchesky, Poulsen... etc

Not being critical for the fun of it just disappointed cos not sure where to go from here. Loved the climb up the leagues, was incredible, just I find managing in the Premiership rubbish as money is no issue

Archived