Australian Pre season cup. Don't understand?!

Guys, have just started my first ecer season in the Australian league. Playing in the pre season cup, and came third in my group, drawing all my games. However, now I am in a knock out stage, with all the teams that entered the group stage???

All the rules say is that the winner and the loser qualifies for the final? Anyone know how this works please?

the pre-season cup is quite stupid actually.

you aren't going into the final as such, only the teams who finished 1st & 2nd can do that.

the reason you're playing another game is so you get another warm up/friendly before the season begins.

no one actually takes the pre-season cup seriously coz it it really is only for the a-league teams to warm up and work out their squads for the league.

best of luck mate, the salary cap makes it a lot of fun, as with the squad size and foreigner limits!

thats why i loved fm07, no foreigner limits, my whole team used to be a bunch of 17 yr old brazilians who were on like 250 a week

most of them usually got australian nationality and the national team was awesome.

how did you ever compete in the ACL? You can only have 3 foreigners in your squad?

Archived