FMHi - Players losing potential after 24 years of age?

Hey guys,

I've recently noticed that many players I have had have suddenly lost their potential ability.

The most notable on my game is Gaël Clichy; he starts off with about 4* current ability and 7* potential but as soon as he reaches 24 years old, his potential drops down to 4*, causing my assistant manager to call him the weakest member of the squad.

I was just wondering if anyone else had experienced this, or whether it is just me and my unluckiness. :p

• SI Staff

I've tried to explain this in another thread - basically the players aren't 'losing their potential' - its that your coaches are starting to think they won't reach it (or that they were wrong in their assessment originally) .... you might disagree with their assessment and indeed there are such things as 'late bloomers' in the game .... up to you whether to persevere with the players in question or not.

• SI Staff

PS - As a direct follow on from this thread being posted I've now changed FMHi 2011 to have a sloping scale between potential and ability with regards to a players potential - that is rather than just 'cull' things from a coaches perspective after 24 (at that point in FMHi 2010 coaches basically decided a player was developed as far as he was likely to get) I've now implemented a sloping scale so that coaches will consider a player to still have some development potential past that age (which is true).

Thanks for the detailed reply Marc.

This morning on the train journey to the Brighton match I saw Guillermo Ochoa drop down to 4* PA and move back up to 6* after a years worth of intense training so I now understand how it can work.

Can't wait for FMHi 2011!

• SI Staff
This morning on the train journey to the Brighton match I saw Guillermo Ochoa drop down to 4* PA and move back up to 6* after a years worth of intense training so I now understand how it can work.

Can't even start to tell you how gutted by that result I was ... and only partially because I had to get up at 7am to watch it ;)

PS - I thought refs were generally biased towards the home side, I can't remember one decision going our way that match ...

Archived