How does FM work with processor threads

I've got an i7 920 in my PC, and it has 4 cores 8 processing threads looking at the game status screen FM usually seems to use 4 of these with the other 4 bumbling along the bottom, 2 threads will be worked at about 40% with another 2 at about 10 - 20%. I know with some other games theres text files which editing can help to get it more balanced, don't get me wrong FM runs smoothly but occassionally for big chunks of processing (such as on the rare occassion there is games in most of the active leagues) all 8 will kick in to a decent amount around 50 - 60% and it burns through it like theres no tomorrow, so just wondering if theres any way to tweak or twiddle with something that will help even this out just to get this level of processing at all times. I'm curious if anyone in the community has any insight or even someone from SI themselves, FM only pushes my PC load to about 7% when processing though so each core is being really idle at only 2.2ghz because it doesn't need more, theres another option where I could stop my processor from dropping its multiplier down from 21 to 12 but FM doesn't require it above 12 I'm just more after being able to even it out across the 8 threads more than just using 4 threads on the whole.

It's not a major concern, just after playing the game for a long time now and watching the graphs it can utilise them all when it wants to, it just seems very content to let 2 take most of the burden with another 2 supporting.

Archived