Official FMELClan FM06 Team Report Thread

After months of anticipation FMELC is back and ready to venture into the world of FM06.

12 guys are put against each other to compete in the best league in the world of course the english but will they suceed or fail miserably? well that is what this thread is for to follow the progress of our game.

If you havent came across us before then our website can be found Here where you can follow our game progress even further and find our rules, times and much more.

Listed below are all the guys that are participating in the clan game (No spaces available at moment however apply via our website)

Lee Owens - Plymouth Argyle

Joey Briggs - Aston Villa

Jimmy Cale - Blackburn

Brendan Lacey - Birmingham

Sean Bell - Charlton

Simon White - Crystal Palace

Nick Sousounis - Leeds United

Stevey Toner - Portsmouth

Mike Law - Reading

Ant Banach - Tottenham

Aidan Connolly - West Brom

Simon Murphy - Wigan

So there you have it those are the guys so i'd like to time out and wish them the best of luck

With teams in europe not being able to be taken over this time in the 1st season it is going to make the game much more even this time round and judging by what teams some members have picked it could well be a struggle for them (most probably me icon_smile.gif) in the first season but who knows as after all anything can happen in the beautiful game.

Our official game resume date aint until Monday 28th November and we will be playing with the latest patch come that date.

All that is left now is for all managers to introduce themselves im hoping for a long and sucessful career with plymouth and hopefully i can actually do something useful with them icon_smile.gif

P.S. the links to all your report banners are in our old thread and my intro to be posted tommorow icon_smile.gif

• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After months of anticipation FMELC is back and ready to venture into the world of FM06.

12 guys are put against each other to compete in the best league in the world of course the english but will they suceed or fail miserably? well that is what this thread is for to follow the progress of our game.

If you havent came across us before then our website can be found Here where you can follow our game progress even further and find our rules, times and much more.

Listed below are all the guys that are participating in the clan game (No spaces available at moment however apply via our website)

Lee Owens - Plymouth Argyle

Jimmy Cale - Blackburn

Brendan Lacey - Birmingham

Sean Bell - Charlton

Mike Law - Reading

Ant Banach - Tottenham

Aidan Connolly - West Brom

Simon Murphy - Wigan

So there you have it those are the guys so i'd like to time out and wish them the best of luck

With teams in europe not being able to be taken over this time in the 1st season it is going to make the game much more even this time round and judging by what teams some members have picked it could well be a struggle for them (most probably me icon_smile.gif) in the first season but who knows as after all anything can happen in the beautiful game.

Our official game resume date aint until Monday 28th November and we will be playing with the latest patch come that date.

All that is left now is for all managers to introduce themselves im hoping for a long and sucessful career with plymouth and hopefully i can actually do something useful with them icon_smile.gif

P.S. the links to all your report banners are in our old thread and my intro to be posted tommorow icon_smile.gif

plymouth5sq.png

Plymouth Argyle Appoint Lee Owens as manager

Thousands of Plymouth Argyle fans were today stood outside Home Park waiting to see what new manager would be taking over from Tony Pulis after his contract was terminated after failing to impress the plymouth board with a sucession of shitty results.

To much disappointment an unknown rookie manager formally known as "The Unstoppable" Lee had his name put forward as the favourite for the Plymouth spot.

Days later I recieved a call from the Plymouth chairman and arranged to meet him and moments later i was appointed as the new managaer as Plymouth Argyle the city and football club which i had grown to love.

All i could hear were boo's coming from the crowd but I just brushed them aside as one of my main aims will be to win them over but it will take time.

With Plymouth only just managing to stay up the previous season I have a very big task of trying to keep them up again this season and build on the squad to hopefully make it much stronger in nearly every area as too be honest their squad is pretty awful. But with limited finances I am going to have to discover some special club which deals in cheap imports to bring in at least a couple newbies.

But we all know a manager with my managerial abilities shouldnt find it a challenge at all and should easily conquer anything that confronts him.

To determine how well I do though it falls down to the players i buy and the tactics I use so i bid you all farewell until the season begins and hopefully it will be a first season to remember.

1st season predictions brought to you by Lee Owens

Lee Owens - Plymouth

I never like to predict myself as im usually biased towards me but here goes icon_smile.gif.

Will be battling at the foot of the table for the most of the season and will have to do a good job to stay up.

Squad will need strengthening in every position if any sucess at all is going to happen.

Will do well not to get sacked in the first season as the last game didnt bring much joy for him until the end.

However a late burst from Joey should see him become familiar with the game and start winning some.

Jimmy Cale - Blackburn

The welsh blood inside this guy drives him to sucess. Was probably the most sucessful managers in both the last game and the one before.

But will little time to play the new game he may struggle more than expected.

Sean Bell - Charlton

A much better team to manage this time round than last so I can see it working out for him. Will take him a while to whip his side into shape though.

Crystal palace have a good squad for championship football and if he can hold onto Andy Johnson then he should be favourites to go back into the premiership.

To determine how well he will do in the premiership though will depend on what razor aims to spend his money on.

Nick is one of those guys that can just bring an unknown player in and turn him into a wonderkid so expect him to be on his way to greece to pick up some very cheap yet exciting players for the future to improve his side in everyway.

Similar to the club stevey managed in the last game Portsmouths finances wont be great so he will have to rely on the bosman market to bring some players in.

Can see it again taking a couple of seasons to get a good squad together again and then stevey's side will be in full swing to go for more.

Mike Law - Reading

Reading should welcome a manager of mikes ability as he should turn them into a quality side and with leeroy lita ripping through others defences in the championship I cant see why mikes team wont get promoted.

Ant Banach - Tottenham

Got the pick of the crop here when choosing teams Ant did as he's probably starting off with the best team possible. Great finances, not a bad squad what more could you want?

If ant is fully aware of whats going on in the game this time then his team should perish but if the assistant is left to do his dirty work then he could well find himself on the edge come the end of the season.

Aidan Connolly - WBA

Aida again takes charge of a WBA side that starts off terrible but Aida somehow manages to change them into a europe competing team.

Should do well this time round again and may win a few cups under management of aida.

Simon Murphy - Wigan

Last but not least one of the few managers that hasn't been sacked in his whole history of cmelc/fmelc and with his scouting abilities thats why.

I'd expect a wild shopping spree from si as usual or will he this time go a change and not buy half as many? you just never know but i very much doubt it icon_smile.gif.

So to sum it up im going to get sacked first season followed by joey and Simon Murphys Wigan stadium is going to need to be expanded to fit all the new players in he signs icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ChampHolic:

Jimmy Cale - Blackburn

The welsh blood inside this guy drives him to sucess. Was probably the most sucessful managers in both the last game and the one before.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i object icon15.gif, jimmy was definately the best in cmelc, but how many premierships or champions league in fmelc? let battle commence icon_biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Simon White - Crystal Palace

Crystal palace have a good squad for championship football and if he can hold onto Andy Johnson then he should be favourites to go back into the premiership.

To determine how well he will do in the premiership though will depend on what razor aims to spend his money on </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Knowing me a load of rubbish, plus the chairman will get rid of players as and when he feels like it icon_frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BelfastNiall:

Sounds like Jimmy should be in EPL Challenge icon_biggrin.gificon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We need someone to challenge si and the few other better managers we do have as im obviously not going 2 icon_biggrin.gif

[_IMG] http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/1346/wigan9am.png [_/IMG]

Start of a new era

after the highs and lows of life at Boro, Arsenal. and City it is time for a new challenge

dave whelan realising that paul jewell is only good the first seaosn úp decides to act first and worry later. the appointment of FMELC legend simon murphy (legend is some eyes whinging twat in others icon_frown.gif) has led to raised expectations at wigan.

when asked by the wigan reader as to his hopes murphyhad this to say'obviously i expect to do well with boro sorry wigan for the year that i will be with them or longer if the town stop playing rugby league and start playing the 15 a side game'

in a drunken stupor, murphy went on to add 'the thing is even though wigan is a dump i like wigan pier and the beer is cheap, the old fart whelan will give me lots to spend and you know how i like spending, vodka gin guiness all will be in great demand and just think how drunk i can get on 15m'

with that murphy was bundled back into spearmint rhinos something about refused credit cards

blackburnrovers5xx.png

Blackburn Come Calling

After the official announcement that Jimmy Cale was the most successful manager in CMELC and FMELC it wasnt long before his services were snapped up for FM2006.

Blackburn, with recent former glory have tailed off somewhat as finances crawled to a halt and success following suit. After trying out a sadistic Scotsman and a traitor of a Welshman, Rovers have turned to a young taffy who is doing it the proper way. Club management and then onto the biggest job in football.

At the press conference to reveal Cale, reporters focused on Cale's inexperience in FM2006 - stating reports claimed he had no experience of it. Cale dismissed these claims as rubbish. A bit of a smoke screen perhaps? as halfway through the press conference a delivery from Play.com turned up and the conference was abruptly ended as Cale said he had urgent business to attend to.

Whatever happens Cale knows he has a half decent squad at his disposal and will need to get stuck in straight away to take full advantage.

birmingham7zv7nk.png

skylogo7bu.jpg

Brendan WHO?????

That is undoubtedly the question on the lips of football fans up and down the nation, not least in Birmingham where 'the morning after' takes little of the shock away from the events that unfolded at Birmingham City Football Club yesterday.

Just two short weeks following the shocking and mysterious departure of fans favourite, Steve Bruce, with many fans still expecting Bruce to return, the club shocked all by announcing unknown Irishman, Brendan Lacey, 26, would be taking the role of 1st team manager. Lacey, who to be fair, does carry a strong reputation in Ireland, and a growing one in many places in Europe, and is famous as being one of the youngest ever First team coaches, hired by Irish Premier Division side, Shamrock Rovers at the tender age of just 16. However Lacey has NEVER managed OR coached in England and his appointment has been met by a loud backlash by Birmingham Fans.

We met up with chairman David Gold yesterday and he had this to say "obviously the Birmingham fans can find easy reasons to see this as a poor move for the club, being someone they dont know, however all that they dont know about him, is exactly what they will grow to love about him I am sure. I ask them now just to give him time and put some faith in him and his team, I am sure the true blue fans will be seen on the terraces at St.Andrews still this season."

SkySportsNews reporter, James Kane, was at the official unveiling at St.Andrews yesterday, he writes..."a buyount David Gold introduced Lacey to the press, he seemed just as thrilled as the young man did relaxed, Lacey, strolled into the room with a real air of confidence about him that was both enticing and curious for someone so young, placed in a position of such pressure."

Gold then went on to say "We are extremely happy to have Brendan on board, obviously the board are aware of his youth and apparent inexperience, and it is true that maybe this wasnt plan a. you see i first met Brendan while on holiday in Ireland, my friend brought me to see a Shamrock Rovers game and this is where i first saw him. His passion leapt from the touchline into the crowd, and his confidence seemed to really inspire his players, this obviously impressed me immedietly, after a number of chats i was sold on the idea that he would come to Birmingham and be groomed under Steve until both parties were ready to introduce him as manager, however Steves desicion to leave his contract early left us in a bit of a bind, and after interviewing a number of potential candidtates, myself and the board decided the only way forward and to test Laceys potential was to throw him in at the deep end to be honest."

Reports that Lacey will operate at first under a yet-to-be-named Director of Football, as seems the growing trend in the Premiership, were today denied by Gold who said that the possibility had been spoken about but that it was Lacey who dismissed the idea saying he was keen to take on the responsibilities of First team manager as opposed to head coach.

Lacey, who seemed uninterested in speaking much to the press, did say that he was "looking forward to the challenge and bringing good times back to the people of the Brum republic" when asked about his intentions in the transfer market he simply said "i have good players"

Well for certain there are interesting times ahead for Birmingham and for the Premiership....We wait with bated breadth.

John Carnew, SkySportsNews.

Good first report Lacey also good report jim icon_smile.gif.

Nice work finally getting the banner to show si must of been such hard work icon_rolleyes.gif

Monday session this first week is on as normal same as weds session although mike will be joining game a little early due to me workin until 11pm.

Tuesday session however will have to be cancelled due to me working until midnight however we could arrange a session on the sunday just let me know if thats fine by all.

Keep the intros coming members that aint done one yet and roll on first session back monday icon_biggrin.gif

charlton4rm.png

Charlton Appoint Bell as Manager

Charlton Athletic's chairman yesterday introduced new manager Sean Bell to the media. Bell is a little known Scottish manager who only has local experience. The Charlton chairman explained that although Bell had no real experience he thought that he was the right man to lead the club forward and continue the great job that Alan Curbishly done at the valley, and even take Charlton to the next level of european football.

Bell Stated "I feel that i am the right man for the job and i can bring the glory days back to the club. We have a lot of good quality youngsters at the club and it is my job to look for somemore quality youngsters aswell as a couple of experienced players to enhance my squad. I feel that this season should see a lot of movement in the transfer market early on but then i will need to settle for a squad that can achieve at least a safe midtable place. I aim to have the club playing European football within 3 seasons and challenging for domestic honours."

Bell certainly seems to be confident that he is the man for the job, but only time will tell if his confidence is justified or missplaced.

crystalpalace0gv.png

The Eagles Have Landed

Palace fans were in uproar today as chairman Simon jordan sacked manager Ian Dowie after he sent the club crashing out of the Premiership last year, but it did not take Mr Jordan long to find a replacement as unknown Simon White came knocking on Mr Jordan's door with an impressive CV icon_wink.gif, one that Mr Jordan could not turn down.

When the palace fans found out who had taken over from Ian Dowie they were not happy that a big named manager was not appointed, but when they heard Simon White's Press confrence (which went like this),

''First off all i would like to thank chairman simon jordan for giving me this chance to take Palace back into the big time, i know the supporters are unhappy that Ian left but thats football and i am here now to do a job and i aim to do it my way, despite the chairman wanting to cut the wage bill, i can also assure the fans that AJ will not be leaving the club no matter what offer comes in.

With 3.7M to spend i don't see any reason why we can't go straight back up, so please be patient with me.''

The palace fans have decided to give Simon White a chance and hope he can get them back into the EPL.

Watch this space.....

Razor

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lacey:

I cant make tonight, girlfriendual issues icon_frown.gif (when will she learn, its the simple order of life, 1.food, 2 fm, 3 women, 4 food)

see you guys monday </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what about beer are you mad!!!!

westbrom9kz.png

Baggies Appoint Connolly

So after many poeple associated with the club complaining that they couldn't go through the heartache of another 'Great Escape', the board felt that it would be best to let Robson go and save someone else for a bit, thus employing Aidan Connolly. Connolly has a decent reputation from experiences in previous versions with the Baggies. So expect the same old ****, just a different game icon_biggrin.gif.

After Connolly was unveiled as the new boss at The Hawthornes, he took a few questions from the minute gathering of journalists outside the ground. After being asked what he thought the expectations would be for his first season in charge, Connolly gave a straight-forward answer - "Avoid relegation".

Then he was asked if he had any transfer targets yet, he said

"well I havent discussed our exact budget for the season yet, and im under no illusions that the club is loaded, so i'll have to find some cheap targets who can do the job. Failing that i'll sign some young talent and hope they shine in seasons to come."

Then the 3rd and final reporter enquired about how he would handle the pressure of a relegation battle so soon, Connolly said

"Well im used to these sort of situations, i find that it is more pleasurable to be in a real battle and come out victorious, rather than have everything handed to me on a plate, and IF i don't come out victorious, then its not my fault icon_biggrin.gif"

Connolly then walked off with a big grin on his face to the local chippy and caught the bus back home.

FMELClan first session tonight after a while break wooo icon_biggrin.gif

Remember guys usual times meet in clan chatroom and if you cant make it let me know but as im aware only Nick cant make it until wednesday.

Also could I please hear from joey as to whether he is still in the clan or not cheers icon14.gif

Im certainly looking forward to seeing what crap signings I can make as be realistic no decent players will come to a shitty team like Plymouth icon_biggrin.gif

wolves0qq.png

Hoddle shocks Wolves

In a shock move today Wolves manager Glenn Hoddle has quit. In a converance this morning Hoddle was questioned on the reasons behind his departure,

Journalist: "Glenn, can you tell us why you have chosen to leave Wolves?"

Hoddle: "I felt that the time was right to move on"

Journalist: "Where are you moving on to?"

Hoddle: "I have accepted an offer to go and coach a womans football team in America"

Journalist: "Don't you think that this is a step backwards?"

Hoddle: "Definatly not, this ia a great opportunity for me. Look at it this way, I'll be surrounded by woman, be involed in the game I love and the weather is much better."

This shocking news has left Chairman Rick Hayward with not much time to find a replacement. When asked about who he had in mind for the position at Molineux, Hayward was reluctant to name names.

Wolves name Hoddle successor

Wolves fans are in uproar after Wolves Chairman Rick Hayward announced unknown manager Mike Law as Glenn Hoddles successor at Molineux. Mike Law look very much at home when he spoke in a press converance this afternoon,

Journalist: "Mike, what managerial expireance do you have?"

Law: "Well to be honest not a lot, this is my first major managerial roll"

Journalist: "So what do you think qualifies you for such a big managerial position?"

Law: "I have some expireance managing sunday league teams and a possion for football."

Journalist: "What are you're plans for Wolves this season and in the future?"

Law: "Ultimately the premiership is my main goal. This season I will be aimming for at least the playoffs. I have a very strong team and financial backing from the board. I will be looking to bring in a few players and there will be some on their way out too.

Although the Wolves fans are not happy with the appointment of Law, the board back their desicion. We will all have to wait and see how things pan out.

leeds9ww.png

Restless Elland Road

Leeds Utd chairman Ken Bates announced late last night in an extraordinary press conference session that a new manager will be taking Kevin Blackwell's place for the new season. Melvyn Levi and Shaun Harvey, managment director and general manager of the Leeds Utd board concurred and backed him up by saying that it was a mutual decision - "a fresh approach was indeed needed in the clubs bench, we will announce the new guy tomorrow so be patient"

Leeds fans, who would love to see their club competing again with the big boys in the Premiership were hoping on a glamorous name. Who could it be? Irrureta? Le Guen? Every single unemployed class manager was in the Leeds fans minds. Hope dies last right? Well in this case it died only 10 hours later...

The early mornings' press conference held alot of surprises and none of them were good. The new manager arrived 20 minutes late, parked his car in the parking place reserved for handicaped people and entered the press conference room with a cigarette already lighted up. Total lack of respect of rules and regulations, typical greek behaviour...and obviously yes, he's greek...

The new Leeds Utd managers' name is Nick Sousounis, a 27 years old totally unknown greek wannabe manager with absolutelly 0 experience. His CV mentions him being in the Aek Athens coaching stuff, under the current Aek manager Fernando Santos who is considered to be his mentor, but with no further specifications about the nature of his work.

After a brief presentation the new man in charge made the usual new managers statements (hard work etc etc...) and left in a rush.

Obviously Leeds fans were furious, their hopes for a new worldclass manager had gone in vain. The vast majority of them criticized the clubs' board decision and they expressed their anger by demonstrating all day long outside the Ellan Road grounds.

The question on everybodys lips is : is he up for the job?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antbanach II:

After a few weeks of not being able to get onto the forums due to forgetting my password, i suddenly woke up at 4.46 this morning remembering my username and password.... Spooky!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, why not just set it to remember me icon_wink.gif

Alright guys just to let everyone know all sessions are on for next week however on the wednesday one im working a 12 hour shift so unless anyone is prepared to join the game at around 9am in the morning then it will have to be cancelled and another arranged icon_frown.gif.

Also mike you will need to be online later today around half 4 so that you can join the game early so tonights session can go ahead cheers icon14.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by antbanach II:

I can join just before i go to college, (about 8.45) next wednesday if you like, im back around 12 anyway, so its ok with me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That would be cool if you could do that ant cheers and yeah jim you did miss a session tut tut icon_smile.gif.

Remember all everyone meet in clan chatroom as usual tonight and mike will give you the game ip address. I will be back around quarter past 11 hopefully earlier

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Shagwell:

Did i miss a session icon13.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_eek.gif

Whoops </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

dont worry jimmy you only missed out on the worst signings and 1 game

Alright guys very sorry about tonights game. What happened was the array access out of bounds message came up and because i was at work i couldnt do anything about it icon_frown.gif.

However a session on sunday is most definately a certain now usual times so speak to you all then and remember reports cheers icon14.gif

Archived