Can a II team promote from the third division in Germany?

In Germany, the second teams are not allowed to promote from the 3.liga in 2008 when the new division was founded. I also heard about that they gave up the right to paticipate in DFB cup and got the right of promotion in the following seasons. Do they allow to promote to 2.Bundesliga now both in the game and in the real world?

If so, anyone achieve that by your assistant manager? My FCB II performed not well under Gerland...

No, your II-team is not allowed to get promoted to the 2. Bundesliga. And they can't take part in the DFB-Cup.

You can work around this bis editing the national rules but it's a lot of work. I did it and my II-team is now playing in the 2. Bundesliga and my U20-team plays in the 3. Liga. However, they're not doing well in the DFB-Cup so far.

In the future, there will be a league especially for II-teams and a maximum of 4 II-teams will be allowed to play in the 3. Liga. This hasn't been confirmed yet but seems likely.

Then you mean DFB are considering a reserve league like Premier Reserve League in England? Could you post a link to this news? I think it is a bad news because I remember that SAF and someone else said several years ago that the reserve league system in Spain and Germany is better.

Then you mean DFB are considering a reserve league like Premier Reserve League in England? Could you post a link to this news? I think it is a bad news because I remember that SAF and someone else said several years ago that the reserve league system in Spain and Germany is better.

I can't find official news from the German FA on this but it's being widely discussed among fans at the moment. The background to this is that the clubs in the 3. Liga are suffering from low attendances against the reserve teams which results in financial problems...

Archived