Database Problem - PLEASE HELP

Hello,

I recently downloaded Football Manager 2010 and I noticed that I cannot select Germany in the nations list and they don't appear anywhere in the database in game. However, in the editor everything seems to be in its place (ie all the clubs are there, etc.) After an extensive amount of googling, I found two other people with the same problem (see threads here and here) Please read those threads, they run through a lot of the early attempts and fixes and include some good background on the apparent nature of the problem.

Their threads both end abruptly and I think they both gave up on the game. I'm not inclined to give up, I'm inclined to look for a database-related solution. So, I've posted this in a few different places to get some different input. I'll take any suggestions about how to proceed.

However, please note I've re-installed several times, re-downloaded the game, even re-installed Windows much in the same fashion as the other folks in the threads I listed above.

Anyone have any new ideas?

The German National Team and the Japanese Leagues are not in the game as SI do not have the license to include them.

Please do a google search and you will find a few sites that tell you how to get them into the game.

EDIT: Having looked through the posts you listed, I don't know if your problem is related to the licensing issues and I can not check as my game does now include the German National Team.

The German National Team and the Japanese Leagues are not in the game as SI do not have the license to include them.

Please do a google search and you will find a few sites that tell you how to get them into the game.

Please read the threads I linked to above. This is NOT about the German national team. It is about all German-based club teams.

Is this your issue:

2dag3mu.jpg

Where the German league is not available in the game set up screen?

Yes, this is my problem. Thank you for the screenshot, I should have done that to begin with.

Have you tried deleting the game cache? This should be deleted when you un-install and install, but stranger things have happened and it is a quick thing to check.

Yes, I have. Thanks for suggesting, though.

Are you using an edited database?

No, install the game, boot it up and play. No Germany.

OK, for an update, I posted the same OP in the Editors forum and someone was nice enough to give me an XML of the German clubs. I loaded it in and then the following happened:

Now, when I select Germany as a playable nation and press Start Game, I get a warning that says "Cannot find setup_discipline_rules function for rule group", press OK, then get a warning saying "Cannot find setup_fixture_rules function for rule group", press OK, same warning appears nine times, Press OK every time.

The game continues to work and load. Then, the loading screen goes away and I'm left with another warning "array access out of bounds" The game then throws me to the Manager Status screen. I can set up a new manager etc. but if you go to the German clubs, none are affiliated with any leagues and when you click on a club and then click on fixtures, the game crashes out completely. It did produce a crash dump file if that's of use to anyone.

Any thoughts from here?

Archived