Now that I've got your attention, firstly apologies for the thread title but hope it would get people looking and helping someone in need... if there is help of course.

Just installed a new ass.man and to my peril realized he's got absolute dire tactical knowledge so no point to him from my p.o.v.

sooo i'm happy to bite the bullet and fire his ass and lose the money... butttt chairman blocks it because of money, yet I have a healthy finance situation, don't spend much on players and am in profit every month.

I was wondering if there was other avenues to explore and get rid of him.

on the other hand, I'm fully aware of my mistake and may just have to live with the consequences..

live and learn blah blah.....

You could try one of the following:

a) Offer him a shorter term contract. I did this to some dire scouts before who were on 4 years deals when I came to the club and I offered them 1 or 2 year deals which some of them accepted. Afterwards I sacked them anyway, but I saved some compensation.

b) Offer him a contract as coach. He may or may not accept it but if he does you can at least get a better ass. man even though you will still have to keep him at the club.

Archived