First Time in MLS

I'm managing in the MLS for the first time and have a couple of quick questions -

I'm au fait with the transfer / salary cap / waiver rules etc as I'm an NFL fan, but what happens with the draft?

Am I able to see the draftees ahead of time to help me plan a draft/ waive strategy?

What scouting/ player watching opportunities will I get?

How does the draft happen? Just picking names from a list?

Thanks in advance....I've just made the playoffs, so next stop, the awfully named MLS Cup....It ain't no Superbowl!

I'm managing in the MLS for the first time and have a couple of quick questions -

I'm au fait with the transfer / salary cap / waiver rules etc as I'm an NFL fan, but what happens with the draft?

Am I able to see the draftees ahead of time to help me plan a draft/ waive strategy?

What scouting/ player watching opportunities will I get?

How does the draft happen? Just picking names from a list?

Thanks in advance....I've just made the playoffs, so next stop, the awfully named MLS Cup....It ain't no Superbowl!

Ok I've got a save going so I can help you out.

125 Draftees are chosen at the beginning of the season (when your players come back from their break) which is around mid-December.

If you have been playing more than a season you may have already scouted some of these already.

Four squads are chosen (around 70-80 players) - MLS A, B, C & D and they play each other once in early January.

The draft is then early to mid-January and the draft works like your shortlist. You can sort it in various ways and view individual player screens then there is an option to select a player from the draft on your turn which you have to confirm. Other teams then pick their players before it returns to your next pick.

Archived