AI NT squad selection policy

I'm Ajax, season 2010/11

I play with formation where one MC is more defending and other is attacking. In attacking MC position I have several options: Gabri (who plays better there than you would expect), Lodeiro, Siem de Jong and young Christian Eriksen

de Jong is mostly used as a sub. He's not so talented as Lodeiro and not so experienced as Gabri, but he gets some games from substitution, but 4 players for one place gets a little crowded.

Now, January 2011 HSV comes and wants to buy de Jong. He's played less than 10 league games for me, he's good attribute-wise, but his playing stats are unimpressive in game. His evaluated £2,3-2,4m in game. I try to push HSV and ask £5m + clauses for him. They accept.

I accept and de Jong moves to HSV in the end of January.

In 2 weeks, after playing 1 game for HSV, he's picked by Holland NT manager and earns his first cap at age 22.

Now what bothers me - why does NT manager rate him so much higher after this transfer? How is AI NT selection policy built up anyway? Is it connected to league reputation? Because most of Holland NT are players who play in bigger leagues and just handful of Eredivisie players.

Or is it connected to player value in game? He's value rose to £5m after transfer. Does AI overlooks his CA and attributes and just picks player buy club/reputation/value?

Because i'm a bit disturbed if it appears that my players have less chance to get picked to NT just because they play at Ajax.

Have you checked how many appearances he's made for HSV now? Im not sure if its implemented in the game, but most international managers would pick players who play regularly than those who don't with similar technical abilities.

Have you checked how many appearances he's made for HSV now? Im not sure if its implemented in the game, but most international managers would pick players who play regularly than those who don't with similar technical abilities.

Still just one as it's just the middle of February.

Archived