Pressured by public expectation?

Got a young striker with a problem. He was doing well in the reserves, so I gave him a few first team sub appearances.

Suddenly, my main striker got injured, and my 2nd striker was suspended. My young striker got a start. He did really well and scored a hat-trick, as well as a brace on his next game.

My first team attack came back, and now the young striker has a "slt" next to his name, saying he's feeling pressured by public expectation.

How to counter this? Send him out on loan? Stop playing him?

Got a young striker with a problem. He was doing well in the reserves, so I gave him a few first team sub appearances.

Suddenly, my main striker got injured, and my 2nd striker was suspended. My young striker got a start. He did really well and scored a hat-trick, as well as a brace on his next game.

My first team attack came back, and now the young striker has a "slt" next to his name, saying he's feeling pressured by public expectation.

How to counter this? Send him out on loan? Stop playing him?

Use the "No Pressure" individual teamtalk on him before a match and I would also bring him into the first team gradually only giving him a couple of matches at a time.

As he gets older/more experience he will learn to handle it. Having a tutor who handles pressure well could also aid him.

Archived