Opposite Instructions - Ask Assistant

Hey there,

Haven't played this game in a while, but recently found the disc and started a new game with Aldershot. However I'm having a problem with the Opposite Instructions section before a match. For some reason it is grayed out? I checked my staff and I do have an Assistant. It lets me ask him to do team talks. But not to do opposite instructions?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

Your assistant needs to have a sufficient Tactical Knowledge to be able to issue opposition instructions. An assistant with low tactical knowledge may be able to advice OI for lower teams, but it is greyed out for bigger teams. Your only choice is to give him the chop and get a better assistant, unless this is a one-off friendly against a much bigger club, and the regular league games will involve teams of a similar level that he may be able to advise on.

Also, in case it's a new assistant, I think it takes a short time for the assistant to be able to advise once he joins a club, but that may not be relevant here..

It's been greyed out for all teams, from a non-league Scottish one to Reading, so I don't think it's that. Don't know if it's to do with him being new, only just started the season and haven't touched the staff.

Archived