Player wages limits

I just cant understand why im not allowed to offer a player whatever salary as long as i keep it under the wage limit.

Why not?

Luckily i got the player i wanted, a good one, who settled for less salary and of course more money on signing and dineros\match + goal bonus but anyway. Its my money to spend!! :(

Or isnt it.... ;)

Got something to do with keeping it real so the average wage doesnt go through the roof or what?

No opinions at all?

Well..

I could also say that the wage i was allowed to give the player was below the A team as well so i had to give him a contract of key player just so he would get some money at all.

Also when managing a higher league team, my swedish fav team, the economy for it looked well, unrealistic.

Always had a tendency to go into the red even though the wages was not beyond the set limit and recently winning the league.

Didnt seem to reflect the economy that club have for real since i always was just able to get in new players on free transfers.

Ok im done talking now. :)

You answered your own question in the first post. It is mainly to do with keeping the wage structure intact. So a limit on the wages of Key Players (for example) stops you paying one key player a huge wage, because it sets a precedent. Suddenly you might find another must have star, then he will want parity with your first signing. Before you know it you have two players on the same huge wage.

It also helps to stop players being unattractive to other teams. So your new star signing turns out to be a dud, but he refuses to sign for anyone else because they can't meet his inflated wage bill.

I am sure there are plenty more reasons, but they are the two that spring to mind.

Archived