Players wanting to move on

This game is awesome in every aspect i must say, well done!

But of course when im about to make my first post on this forum it will have to be one concerning the players attitude wich i at times find horrible and dissheartening, sorry.

Anyway,im a big supporter of the swedish "premier league"(allsvenskan) team Djurgården and im managing it now in the third season with a recent win of the league in last season.

What i find unrealistic at this point is the players reactions and behaviour, not totally wrong and unrealistic, but overall shocking and deviating from an otherwise super realistic and complex player characteristic.

But no less then 4 to 5* of my first team players have expressed a wish to leave the club almost immidiately after the league win, well fine.

I know by now not to hold them back when they want to leave so a promise of transferlisting them and making them available for sale have been made and hold.

No offers from other clubs on those players but a barrage of offers on a 17 year old highly promissing (5*)player making him anxious to leave as well when i just got him and not even seen what fantastic deeds he´s capable of.

So 5 of my best players hanging loose and after an amazing start of the season what does my playmaker and most trusted midfielder do?

Like several others yet AGAIN he goes out in the media expressing his wish to leave for better teams, more glory and cash.

Now how dissloyal and disscouraging is that for the whole team???

And why all of a sudden this exodus from the club by players who´ve just won the league ONCE with their team?

Its just to much a "im to good for this team" attitude among the majority of players i see in the game and to little a true loyalty towards the team from players who clearly in their profile have the team as their favorite team. :thdn:

Sorry for a long rant, but just a tweak i can see clearly needed to be made for an otherwise awesome game.

Thanks!! :):thup:

Hi,

I have always been in kinda the same situation (only with Aalborg BK of Denmark). Even if you win the league and get far in the Chl, the static ranking of the leagues will make your players want to go to Germany, UK, Italy etc.

My approach is to have a look at all first team and "good young player" contracts every 6 months. By continuously offering them better contracts I am able to keep them around longer. If, you start getting the "I wanna move" message, its often too late.

However, I agree with you that the ambitions of players needs to reflect the real world. More weight needs to be placed on the personality of the individual player, their age and their relation to the club.

you also have to be firm

dont give in to their demand

If they have 4 years on their contract i , tell them to stay and dont offer them a contract. When it gets to the last year of their contract, for the ones that refuse to sign i sell them off. Most of the time thou, if you tell them to sat a good number back down.

I only offer a new contract of they have about 2 years or left on contract

you also have to be firm

dont give in to their demand

If they have 4 years on their contract i , tell them to stay and dont offer them a contract. When it gets to the last year of their contract, for the ones that refuse to sign i sell them off. Most of the time thou, if you tell them to sat a good number back down.

I only offer a new contract of they have about 2 years or left on contract

They for sure can get back at you though, oh do they...

Its more a fact then an exception that they will play really poor then.

You put them off the first team and half of the team riots.

Happened to me with my most liked midfielder. He wanted to leave and i said something like "i understand if you want to move on but please stay" he then makes a big deal out of it saying something only a real jerk could do in the media and i quickly transfer list him before he´ve effected the whole team but he got sold and the whole team performed really bad for several games. :(

Edit: oh, and by the way....

They later then have the nerve to say along the lines like "I really enjoyed to play for the club" bla bla.

I think only dissatisfied players or players with poor moral generally should act like that, but it seems to me its more of a common way of acting among all players and that´s just not right.

They for sure can get back at you though, oh do they...

Its more a fact then an exception that they will play really poor then.

You put them off the first team and half of the team riots.

Happened to me with my most liked midfielder. He wanted to leave and i said something like "i understand if you want to move on but please stay" he then makes a big deal out of it saying something only a real jerk could do in the media and i quickly transfer list him before he´ve effected the whole team but he got sold and the whole team performed really bad for several games. :(

Edit: oh, and by the way....

They later then have the nerve to say along the lines like "I really enjoyed to play for the club" bla bla.

I think only dissatisfied players or players with poor moral generally should act like that, but it seems to me its more of a common way of acting among all players and that´s just not right.

I think it is fairly normal for lower reputation leagues like the danish or swedish. In Denmark, most of the high-performing teams will be generating interest from larger foreign leagues, and some can loose 3-5 regulars after a championship/european season.

Take Aab (Aalborg BK) as an example. After their romp in the ChL and EL last year, they lost 3 or 4 regulars who moved on to bigger and better things, as interest from Germany, England etc. started.

If you have ambitious players, they would want to show what they can do in larger leagues, and after a successful season with your team, they feel ready to move on.

Maybe you need to find less Ambitious players. They will be less likely to want to move on (players with personalities like 'Loyal' and 'Fairly Loyal' have low Ambition stat).

Archived