How to play FMHi?

Okay,

from the PC game we know how important certain aspects are: interaction, team talks, gelling, tactics to name a few.

Certainly,

FMH on iPhone doesn't contain that kind of depth.

So, is the road to success simply trying to get a great squad stats wise, keep them happy, and hope for good luck on match day?

Or, are there other things that I'm not aware of?

Just for the record: I'm enjoying some kind of success in my second season with Mansfield. Haven't bought any new players but 1. So, I do think that the same team in their second season have grown in spirit and skills, but maybe it's just luck on match day?

• SI Staff

Teams develop and 'gel' in FMHi as you'd expect - on top of that there are the normal 'issues' with keeping a diverse squad happy and deciding when a particular youth player is ready for first team action, when that former stalwart is part it etc.

Finally if your squad 'lose heart' you can't do team-talks to motivate them in FMHi HOWEVER the alternative is that there is a 'motivational speaking' aspect in training which you can use to boost player morale at the cost of taking up a bit of more their time during the week (ie. it'll only help in a short boost generally, if you leave it on all the time it'll get a bit 'samey' for people and be less effective).

(you'll find FMHi has a fair bit of depth to it - its just presented in as simplified a manner as possible to (hopefully) make it easy to get into and play ..)

Marc, excellent stuff. Just checked it out. Didn't know I could set up new training schedules. Didn't know about that motivational aspect. Great, great, great.

I have to do some learning and adapting I guess.

Archived