Greyed out reserve players in the PL

Has someone noticed that the English premier league teams (maybe other leagues too, haven't looked yet) have their reserve squads filled up with a lot of grey players with the nationality of their affiliates?

At the start of my games, Man Utd have loads of Belgian and Brazilian greyed out reserve players, Man Utd from UAE and the reserves of Arsenal are filled up with (do not laugh) Thai and Vietnamese players.

I can't imagine that this is supposed to happen and it doesn't seem very realistic to me.

If you check the benefits United and Arsenal has with the affiliated clubs it says something like this: "BEC may send young players to train at Arsenal to gain experience, this gives Arsenal the opportunity to take a closer look at BEC players." , it should be similar with Uniteds affiliates, so maybe the grey foreign players you see are the players from the affiliates clubs?, just a thought but seems logic.

• 3 months later...

They are loaded. Those players are just there among the real players.

I can understand the benefits of the affiliated clubs, but still i do not think all those Vietnamese and Thai players will be at Arsenal. Besides, why don't they need a workpermit???

Archived