Public expectation

Currently playing with Notts County at 2019/20 season and am in the race for a CL spot, currently 3rd. I had to sell my superb keeper just before the season began. I was quite unhappy about him flirting with a German club so I decided to sell him and made a £10M profit, so wasn't too unhappy in the end as I do have 2 very interesting young keepers waiting to break through. Now I have been playing with a 18 y.o kid from France, came in from Real last season for about £1M and was planning to have him develop a few years but he was making some noises late last season about not playing.

Now to my main concern. This is the first time ever that a player has stated to be under pressure from "public expectations". He does go on to say that he has no intention of leaving because of it. Now as I've never seen this before in my saves I'm wondering...will this affect how he does in games from now on? Or is it just a "media thing" in the game to mess with ones mind but he will in fact not really be affected? :)

Archived