• SI Staff

You will find things grow - however if you are over wage budget you'll find they depress the transfer budget somewhat because they're concerned about the clubs running costs so bear that in mind as a possible cause.

PS - Is this on the PSP or iPhone game? ... as I relaxed things very slightly for the iPhone game.

How exactly do the finances work from year to year?

I started a game (on iphone) as notts county, and admittledly cheated by resetting the game if i didnt win cup matches, i know i suck! anyway, but the next season I had barely no more money to spend than the previous year, even though i won all the cups available at that point.

I love this game, but without the finances screen, showing income from advertising, attendance or whatever, i find it hard to even bother keeping track of the money outside what they tell me at the begining of the season. Is the money avaliable each season based on the pre-determined wealth of a club? and not on the success of the club?

I was never over wage budget btw

• SI Staff

The game keeps a running 'scrub total' behind the scenes of approximately the financial situation of your club, this is then tweaked at the end of the season to adjust your clubs financial state and thus set the budgets for the next season.

If you continually run over budget and blow your transfer funding then its likely your club will find itself strapped with adverse financial effects unless you do really well competitively - if you're conservative then your clubs financial position will most likely improve.

(tbh the idea wasn't to make you pay hugely close attention to this side of thing - it works pretty 'sanely' generally and should follow a sensible pattern in the main)

• SI Staff
Ok, thats good to know:)

btw i reread my post and I didn't mean it to sound anywhere near that whiney, so sorry!

Quite all right didn't think you came across whiney at all .... no stress :D

Archived