Stuck in a Groundhog Day

Every save I have my teams go always exactly the same way: I start relatively badly the few first games, then pull things together, have a good run and reach top of the league. Everything looks good.

Then my team stops scoring goals. Nothing helps. No change of tactics, no change of players brings any change. Wins turns to draws. Then my goalkeepers start having 0-33 % saves in games.

I start to lose - often even to Mickey Mouse teams. Nothing helps. No change in tactics, no change in players. It's the same in every game: Dominate, miss a decent amount of chances and let the other team score once or twice. From counter-attacks that end in longshots usually. 0 shots saved, or in a good day perhaps one, for the goalkeeper. No more except in exceptional cases. It doesn't matter which of my goalkeepers I play.

And that's it until the end of the season. In the next season, things continue from the not scoring, not saving, but losing situation. And then comes the sacking.

I have tried defensive tactics, I have tried offensive tactics, I've tried to balance them. I've played with four attackers, I've played with a midfield stuffed full of players, with five dedenders supported by a defensive midfielder. it's always the same thing. It feels like I can't influence things at all - perhaps not even the good part, the rise to top.

It's Déja-vu again and again and again...

And I do feel now, after another save goes to ruin exactly like this, that this game is not going to stay long on my hard-drive. Enough is enough. No reason to spend time on something where it's impossible to succeed.

It always seems for some time that I have the right players and the right tactics (and because of the easiness of getting good players on free transfers, I do have always teams that consist of good players)... and then suddenly it all changes and they are the wrong players and the wrong tactics and there doesn't seem to be any good tactics. It doesn't matter whether I play 5-4-1 or 4-3-3 etc, suddenly, after a good run I find that I dominate games, lose a lot of chances to score and let in few goals a game and start dropping like a stone in the league table. And nothing changes that. It's always the same.

Archived