reccomending potential managers

Nice idea I think. Initially, I thought you were going to go on about Alex Ferguson-types touting their own successors and I was aghast at the idea, but actually your suggestion is a good one. I suppose you can kind of do that already a little bit when you talk players 30+ up about them being good manager/coach/scout material. Mind you, I'm struggling to think of any real life examples where this has happened.

While on this subject. I had Ryan Nelson in my game and kept suggesting he should go into management once he hangs his boots up. By the time he got to 35 he was 'deffo going to try his hand at management once playing career is over' - at the end of the season he announces his retirement and then nothing happens. He leaves the game a few months later...never to be heard of again. Why does that happen?

I like the idea of tipping someone to be your successor when you're leaving a club. The ability to hand in a few weeks notice and tip a successor could be seen as a "respectful way" to leave a club and maintain your good relationship with the club.

Leaving outright would be seen as disrespectful if you guys get what I'm saying.

;)

Archived