Problems with FM for iPhone

Hi

I have downloaded FM2010 for my iPhone.

I have had several problems with the game.

I don´t have any others problems with my iPhone. Large games like Brothers in Arms from Gameloft etc. etc. runs perfectly on my iPhone 3G ( without rebooting ).

For instance... when I make substitutions during a match ( with the drag function ), then the screen "freeze", and I have to leave the game. I have had the game for 4 days, and I have tried it 3 times now.

I have deleted the game and reinstalled it. I have also rebooted the phone before starting up ( i really don´t understand why that should be necessary, when others games that are 10 times larger don´t need that ).

The last time I played it it suddenly jumped out of the game during a match.!!??

I can se that other customers have had the same experience.

We really need an update soon that fix these problems.

Besides that it looks like a great game, if it is possible to play it :-)

Brian

I have deleted the game and reinstalled it. I have also rebooted the phone before starting up ( i really don´t understand why that should be necessary, when others games that are 10 times larger don´t need that ).

I assume by 10 times larger you mean the size of the download; the low memory issue is to do with RAM and not the install space. One may have downloaded a game that is 10 times bigger but that doesn't mean it holds as much information in temporary memory when the game is running.

I assume by 10 times larger you mean the size of the download; the low memory issue is to do with RAM and not the install space. One may have downloaded a game that is 10 times bigger but that doesn't mean it holds as much information in temporary memory when the game is running.

Most games form the iPhone/iPod will recommend you reboot before playing.

I have not had these issues myself.

• SI Staff

Hi,

I'll do my best to assist you if you'd be kind enough to post as much information about your phone and setup as possible - that is:

* Phone/Device type (ie. iTouch 1st generation 8Gb)

* Amount of diskspace spare on device (shown in iTunes as a 'bar' at the bottom)

* Operating System version (eg. 2.2.1)

* Is Device Jailbroken - Yes/No?

* League active in the game

* Team Managed

* In-game date when problem occured (examples if not constant)

With regards to rebooting before using the application, if you have a newer device this isn't quite so 'vital' - however if you have a 1st generation iTouch/Phone then its very very important as they have much less memory available to them when compared to newer devices.

PS - I have found that some people appear to unfortunately have corrupt installs, if you think this is a possibility please delete the program from your phone and then reinstall it.

Hi Marc

Thank you for your answer.

My iPhone is af 2. generation 3G with 16 GB, I have 7,5 GB left, operating system 3.1.3, the device is not jailbroken.

I play Manchester United in the english league.

I can´t tell you any in-game-dates, but the problem have occurred, when I want to make at substitution during a match ( when you drag the players with the finger ), then the screen "freeze", and I have to quit. I also experienced that It just jumped out of the game during a match, when I was leading 4-0.

It is quite irritating, that you have to start all over.

But but... I have also had several times, when it worked just fine. To this day it is aprox 1/4 of the time, when I have had problems. But that is also to much. ( I reboot the phone every time I play now )

I am not sure that I understand what you mean by "corrupt installs" !? ( I´m not from an english speaking country ). I have downloaded it from App Store, and I have deleted it from the phone and reinstalled it from iTunes, because it still didn´t run very well.

Besides that it´s a great game for the iPhone. The best manager game so far ( I have also downloaded soccer manager and Championship Manager 2009 ).

A little comment to the game: I find it strange, that I can play 3 matches in a row with Manchester United against teams like Bolton etc., with the strongest team, attacking style and so on, and then the team only have 1 shot on goal during af match. 2 times 0-0.

Realistic.... hmmm ;-) ;-)

Brian

• SI Staff

I'll try and reproduce this issue inhouse - in the mean time can you try making substitutions by clicking on the player and then clicking on the player you want to replace him with (instead of dragging and dropping) and see if this works more reliably for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience,

Marc

• SI Staff
I'm having problems too. It's happened at least 3 or 4 times now that my game won't load and I have to start from scratch again. Very frustrating. Does the PSP version also have these problems?

Can you please confirm you've got the update as this should rectify this issue (however please also be aware this isn't a bug in the game its the OS killing the application before it can save, this only affects some devices and I haven't ascertained why yet - the fix will prevent loss of an existing save game but I would recommend you manually save the game (Options - Save Game) if you are experiencing this issue).

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marc

After the latest update the game runs perfect :-)

Sometimes when I don´t reboot, then it gives a notification in-game, that I should save and reboot. Nice.... :-)

The best game I have had on my iPhone :-) ( but it don´t make the wife happy... ;-)

Brian

Archived