Contract Negotiations

We've all been there, find a great player at a cheap price, newly transfer listed, have a bid accepted, offer the player everything he wants and...

he promptly turns it down for an equal contract at your rivals, (depending on you're luck he may then go on to score frequently against you for years to come)

This is not realistic, when a number of teams are offering a player a contract he won't ask for a wage then pick his preferred club of those who can match it. He would come back and say I will choose to play for someone else unless you offer me however much more a week than them and so there will be a round of negotiations and then the player may talk with the other club and raise the price. Same with extending a contract all we hear about are protracted contract negotiations so why isn't it in FM?

There needs to be more interaction other than financial.

I appreciate that you can offer Key Player Status, however this needs to extended with options such as:-

Looking to re-build the team around you.

You are seen as the missing link to qualifying for continental competition/winning domestic cups.

or any other comments that would boost their morale/ego.

For example earlier today as Bayern Munich had a £1.1 million offer for Milan Badelj accepted and offered him the contract he wanted, however Schalke after this had a bid accepted and offered a contract that Badelj preffered and so he signed for them. However I think if he agrees to another contract you should be able to increase your contract offer and allow him to reconsider and so he can go back and forth between clubs looking for the best contract he can get like real life

Archived