How do you extend a loan?

I have just received a message that my on loan left back's loan deal will expire shortly, yet I see now way of extending the loan? Is this because I am outside the transfer windows, or am I being dense?

I have never signed a loan player for a short period on any version of FM and I inherited this squad when I took over at Bradford with 4 games to go and 8 points from safety.

Having managed 2 wins, I am now 3 points from safety and have a chance of pulling off a superb turn around, unfortunately I have no other left backs in the squad, so this player is pretty important.

If the loan window has already closed (it definatly will have done if you only have 4 games remaining) then you can't extend/sign any players on loan. You'll have to stick with your current crop or draft in some young lads from your youth? Give them a run out.

Good Luck :)

Ah, then I am stuffed, only DL in the whole squad is a 17 year old, who has every single technical attribute between 1 and 4!

He only has 9 attributes above 10 and one of them is aggression!

oh well, time to see if I can shoe horn a left footed defender into my wide man role.

Wish me luck.

Archived